News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-03-24 19:48
So if I go to MIS this summer I can't stop by to see it?

If you are a camper, there are 180 acres of camp sites.  If not into primitive, camp next to the power pole.  If that doesn't work, bring a cot and setup in the AC bunkhouse.  No shuttles to the track but close enough to hear it.

canadian_ranchero

was looking at my wagon the other day,still snow on the ground,more coming tonight,anyway was thinking of what to do with the 6 cyl engine.now in my back shed i have a ford v10 out of a 2011 van,a tape measure says it will fit,i wander????to much time on my hands waiting for the snow to go.

Frankenstein57

Gasman, we did the camping thing there for 25 years, finally moved to the family or adult section, just a bit to rowdy. My buddy is talking about getting another c-class camper. Roughing it in style,  Mark

gasman826

'Roughing it' IS a motel room or motor home!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: gasman826 on 2014-03-26 07:43
'Roughing it' IS a motel room or motor home!!!!!!!!!!!

What Gary said!  Used to camp when going to rod runs, checked out all the gear from Special Services on the base.  Was a great time!

That was several years ago....now my wife's idea of camping is Motel 6!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Bill...and all you southern guys....a head's up....April 26th, there is a collector car and parts auction in Birmingham. One of the vehicles listed..."1957 FORD CUSTOM PAXTON SC".
For more info go to hemmings events calender for april 26th...a ton of stuff at that auction.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Yup....just need to get into the piggy bank for that one!  Plan on going right now.  Have a spare room for one of you guys (and significant other if desired) if you want to attend.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Zapato

50th annual Portland Swap meet almost here. April 4-6 Expo center. Discount entry tickets ($6) at local NAPA stores. Can't wait.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

It's a good thing I've got to stick around and get my garage roof finished (when the wind stops blowing 30mph)....so much stuff going on "around here" this month. I'm trying to figure out what I can do and still have $ left for a trip to Colorado early next month!. Big swap meet in Dallas this weekend, big nsra show in OKC two weeks, followed by a swap meet in Tulsa, then the Pate swap meet 24th.

Ford Blue blood

So many things....so little time.....have to pick and choose, hope for the best and don't complain when fecal matter occurs!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Ford Blue blood

Got the 65 Bird out and about, first time test drive.  New sneakers, everything worked as it should.  Need to finish the interior, sound deadener tomorrow, carpets, seats and the rest of the "stuff".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

You've been busy too! Aside from everything looking just great on it..that paint looks fantastic. I love the color with the "cream" roof. Really classic look...I really like it..every time I see a really nice bird from any of their 3 year run styles/models, I always get confused as to which I like the best.That's you're wife's, right?
Hurry..you gotta get all that stuff finished up to make time for that Custom f code!

Ford Blue blood

Yes, her car.  The color is Emberglow, unique to the 65 Special Landau and used later on other models, Mustangs for sure, not sure what other lines.  The color jumps alive in the sun, has a good bit of metalic/pearl in it.  Mean ol Mr. Sun would not cooperate yesterday for a good shot.  The roof is vinyl, different pattern and color from the standard Landau Birds.  Took six weeks for SMS to get it made up.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Zapato

Easter is coming up and in our family we do the following, which we call the "Easter Miracle". We did it first when my now 13yr old gran daughter was 3 and will do it with our now 3 yr old this year.

You need 2 things to make this happen. A small bag of jelly beans and some suckers (we use tootsie pops).

Now on the night before Easter help them plant the jelly beans in your garden, flower bed, window box whatever is convenient. Then after they've gone to bed you plant the suckers sticking up like flowers. In the morning you head them out to harvest the crop. Believe me they will love it. We have pictures of the first time both of going out to plant and harvest.

If they still believe in Santa it will work.

Have to emphasize to the kids it only works on Easter it is the "Easter Miracle" after all. If you don't they'll want to do it all the time.

Zap- :unitedstates:   

Almost forgot, watch where they plant. Missed an area one year and almost blew it, got out of by saying sometimes there is bad seed in a bag. That simple answer got us past any disappointment.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

sprink88

Thats awesome Zap!
~Chris