News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

Saw one of his creations when we were at the pavilion cruise two years ago. They are amazing. I regret not having hunted him up to introduce myself. Won't make that mistake if I get another chance.

RICH MUISE

I did see one (a '54 Chevy?) at the Pavilion on my second trip there...about 4 years ago. I never got to talk to the man, but I did talk to his close friend for quite a while. His friend was building a mini also. His museum /home is not too far from Deseret Valley Auto Parts in Casa Grande. Haven't been there yet, but have been thru Maricopa a few times.
Funny this came up today...my wife just told me she was thinking about pHOENIX FOR tHANKSGIVING. OOPS.  unoops.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Speaking of Phoenix (we sort of were, weren't we?)...My wife wanted to make a quicker than normal trip to Phoenix for thanksgiving so she'd only have to take a few days off beyond what she has coming that week anyways. I got looking at Phoenix happenings...bummer...that would be the perfect week to take a longer than normal trip to Phoenix. We've never been there two weekends in a row, but the weekend before Thanksgiving is the Goodguys show, and the weekend after is the BIG swap meet at the fairgrounds put on by the guys that do the Pomona swap meet. Hmmm.

RICH MUISE

I saw gas at one station in Amarillo Friday at 1.58, or 1.48 with their gas card. Most places are around 1.69. I went to Oklahoma yesterday..same there also.
We decided to stay in Amarillo for Thanksgiving. My wife didn't want to take any extra time off for a longer trip, so I'm missing the Phoenix Goodguys show this weekend.
Been down below freezing the past few nights...I have a feeling this El Nino winter ain't gonna be good.
On another note...did you see the internet article a few weeks ago on GM's plan to introduce a new line of cars?....made in CHINA!! What are they thinking? The author of the article suspected it may anger the auto builder's unions...DUH. I'd be willing to bet not too many of GM's CEO"S are into classic car restoration, or they'd know what the life expectancy of those vehicles will be. Wanna see GM go belly up? try putting a 10 year warranty on those cars to increase interest! How are they gonna make a car when they can't make a ball joint??

hiball3985

Let them go to China and belly up  :003:

Ford moved it's BIG truck assembly from Mexico back to Ohio..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Google ford Vietnam if you really want to be shocked

Zap   :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-11-22 10:24
Google ford Vietnam if you really want to be shocked

Zap   :unitedstates:
I couldn't find anything about building them there and shipping them here, did you find something?
Ford has been manufacturing cars and parts all over the world from way back when before our times..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 imposter

Meet  Anthony"Tony" Weiner. Its hard to believe this guy replaced two standard Australian Shepherd's but he is doing a pretty good job. Prefect street rod dog. Loves to go and will fit in anything. It's also kind of nice not having to deal with all the heavy thinking Aussies do, This guy is pretty much a blank page. He does seem to think that I walk on water so that's all I need from him.

RICH MUISE

You do know why the cowboy wanted a weiner dog, don't you?

57redwhitered

Quote from: 57 imposter on 2015-11-22 12:52
Meet  Anthony"Tony" Weiner. Its hard to believe this guy replaced two standard Australian Shepherd's but he is doing a pretty good job. Prefect street rod dog. Loves to go and will fit in anything. It's also kind of nice not having to deal with all the heavy thinking Aussies do, This guy is pretty much a blank page. He does seem to think that I walk on water so that's all I need from him.
Great to know that someone else is owned by one of those hounds.  Best guard dog I ever owned>  I think she would attack anyone that stuck their arm is any of my vehicles she is in.
1957 Skyliner

RICH MUISE

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2015-11-22 12:59
You do know why the cowboy wanted a weiner dog, don't you?

because he wanted to "get a long little doggie"

ok, I'll go away.

57 imposter

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2015-11-22 13:28
Great to know that someone else is owned by one of those hounds.  Best guard dog I ever owned>  I think she would attack anyone that stuck their arm is any of my vehicles she is in.
That is one of Tonys favorite riding positions also. Has to see everything going on on the trip.............Rich   Your fired!

57 imposter

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2015-11-22 13:28
Hmmm....That looks a lot like a Chevrolet steering wheel

RICH MUISE

Sure doesn't look like Kansas out that window.

57redwhitered

That was heidi's (my hound) vehicle.  She has traded it off since the photo was taken.  My wife took the photo so I don't know where it was.  Wherever it was Heidi would have been helping me drive.
1957 Skyliner