News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

That's good to hear Bill. So, how long do you figure before the roads are clear to go home, lol That's a long way! 13 degrees here at 9 am...I opened the back door at 5am this morning to let my dogs out...first thought was I wasn't even going to try and heat the garage today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich the roads are very passable right now.  Sister drove in the 30 miles to her work place and reported to me that they were slushy (state hi way) and they should be close to dry today.  The state has a butt load of plows and hit the interstate and major access during the snow storm and then plow/treat when the snow stops so I'm not concerned about them.  We will head out Thursday so plenty of time to get them right!  Weather forecast looks like it will be dry through the weekend all the way down to AL at this point in time.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Happy New to ALL!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Good to be home!  Got in yesterday afternoon after a New Years Eve stop in TN.  Laundry is running, first two loads on the line, one to go.  Have all the updates for this machine installed and getting ready to cook breakfast.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Glad you got home safe...and apparently no wind/tornado damage.
Broncos squeak in a win after 5 turnovers for 1st place in the division. Amazing Manning was brought in.

RICH MUISE

Anybody see the Yahoo! article about the "strange fish" that washed up on the shore in Kent, England? It's commonly known as an ocean Sunfish, and looks like a shark swimming when it's near the surface. In the late 60's, we went deep sea fishing off Miami Beach, and I caught one of those...they said it was a baby at 331 pounds! It was about 5 ft fin to fin.Took me and three crew members to real it in, with the captain backing up the boat to it to make it posible. Had it stuffed!! When I moved from Mass to Calif, I donated it to the Museum of Natural History (?)in Boston. Kinda wished I still had it, or let it go.

On another thought...I know alot of you guys are in my age group and collect social security. Like everyone else, I got a letter a few weeks back saying there would be no cost-of-living increase (again) this year. I was kinda expecting that with gas prices being so low, and food seeming to stabilize. However, what was really strange, my wife came home today and told me she got her semi-annual review/raise and showed me the paperwork. Included with her .78 per hour increase was an additional .54 increase for cost of living index....go figure!

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2016-01-05 20:27
....go figure!

Yup...exactly what "uncle sugar" does, figures to his advantage!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

hiball3985

No cost of living is because things like food and gas aren't part of the calculations done by what ever agency does it ( Dept. of Bull**** )? What do they think us old people spend it on?
It's becoming a major problem trying to be a true American  :unitedstates: when we have a government that continues to screw us..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hotroddonnie

Sorry to change the mood guys!!! Rich did I see flames on your car? I hope I didn't miss anything if this has already been posted about! HRD

hotroddonnie

Back on topic! The Canadian Government is making it harder over here as well. To much greed and to many rules!!!! HRD

RICH MUISE

The flames were photoshoped by Moose on the Hamb. He also fixed the rideheight problem by getting the california rake where I want it and added the bugeyes to finish it up for me. The flames probably won't happen, probably will get pin stripped instead. Moose is great!
PS changing the mood is probably good when we start getting too close to politics.

RICH MUISE

I'm really looking forward to this.....As you know both Doug and I have been road testing our cars this week after very long builds. And you probably also know Doug has been planning a l-o-n-g roadtrip from Washington state in his '58 for quite a while. I met Doug and his wife Linda a few years back when we both happened to plan a trip to Phoenix the same week. Well, Doug and his wife are headed for Texas after they do Arizona, and we've come up with a plan for my wife and I to join them in our '57. He's gonna be here in Amarillo on April 1 (no joke) and we're gonna head on down I40 into Oklahoma for the weekend. I'm really pumped!
Doug mentioned it would be great if he could meet some other forum members as well, so if anyone is going to be in the area, let us know.

RICH MUISE

Gas prices......Seeing as low as 1.19 with card. Saw one yesterday 1.23 without card, I paid 1.29 today. Last time I filled up was in Pueblo, Co a week ago yesterday....drove 461 miles. It cost me 16.41 to fill up today. Gotta love it, but honestly if more workers could keep there jobs here in the states, I'd still be happy with 2$ a gallon.

Zapato

Wow, buck and change. We're paying just short of 2 for premium regular about 8 cents less.

Zap  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

SkylinerRon

Paying $1.65 or so in Maryland.
I bet it's driving obuma crazy that it is so cheap and his feud with putin caused it.
Our state guv is telling us our real estate will be worth 50% more in 3 yrs but, there is no inflation!
And used home sales were down 20% last quarter.

Ron.