News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

There is a law of nature at play in mine.... "All flat surfaces will accumulate stuff",  "build it the stuff will come."
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Haha..........I really don't know, another project that will take some research, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I find it easier to just close the door and drive away  :003: I'm getting lazy as years tick by.
Morning coffee with my friends again and my friend Stan brought his wagon today.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Nice looking wagon. Jim, I gotta call BS on the morning coffee. I see the sign in the pic.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-09-07 16:02
Nice looking wagon. Jim, I gotta call BS on the morning coffee. I see the sign in the pic.
LOL, you are right Rich, my coffee time is 3 cups between 4 and 6 am. My lazy friends don't even get up until 9 and show up at 10. Don't hit the Liquor store anymore, I quit drinking in 1985..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

One project leading to another.........we liked the way my garage door enclosure looked so much, we decided to wrap the siding and trim around the corner to where the old deck was enclosed as a sunporch. The sunporch's 9 windows are of the old single pane aluminum variety. So now were trying to figure out if we can afford to redo that part of the house now that my wife is retired.
I did make a discovery today while I was removing some old trim for replacement. I found out the trim on the original part of the house (everything except the sunporch) is all redwood! That includes six 8" columns on the front porch. If I wasn't so old, I'd be planning a long restoration project!
Baseball game tonight in 12 minutes............nothing better than September/October baseball when your team is in the thick of things. For me, it's the Rockies.

Jeff Norwell

Speaking of renovations,..all moved in our new home.. projects on hold(again)... need to get the shop and studio ready for winter...before any work on cars can begin.... Electrician,heat n Air and some carpentry is all ready underway....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Wow......lots of space. I'm curious about the narrow overhead door......big snow blower?? Is the pic with the tires a second floor? Is that a moose I see behind the  trees?

Jeff Norwell

The shop Rich is separate from the house.... connected to the house via a tunnel and a long enclosed breezeway.Shop is roughly 60x40 with a loft above(60x40) and that will be the studio soon(yes a second floor) There is a fully furnished Apt. at the far right of the shop for guests and family.I am anxious for the studio to get set up as I can get back to using traditional art supplies again.(In our old house I had to stop messing with caustic materials due to the family being so close)
The people we bought from used the shop at present for his landscaping company and used that small roll up door for his Bobcats and such.
No moose but a Few Bears have been sited in the area from time to time....hahahha.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

I hear 'ya on the fall baseball Rich; looking forward to seeing Chris Sale step on the mound again tonight against Toronto...
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Really awesome Jeff. more pics! Did you move the entire village of Palookaville?
Joe..........maybe we're headed for another RockySox WS. Toronto's shortstop (Tulo) held most of the offensive Rockies records for shortstops until this year. Trevor Story is slowly but surely taking over the team leader position from Arenado.........not an easy task. Last night he matched Tulo's home run record for Rockies shortstop, and one more double and he'll be the first shortstop in all of mlb history with 30hr,40 2b,and 25 steals. Defensively, imho, he's real close to what Tulo was in his prime.

CobraJoe

Rich, with our win over Toronto last night, we punched our ticket to the big show, (the first team to clinch a playoff spot ) so maybe we'll see you there.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

That would be nice. Honestly, this years Rockies don't have the same confident feel about them as the 09 team that swept everybody to get to the WS. Starting pitching and defense is better than '09, but offense is spotty.
Congrats on your sox locking in a spot. Even though I'm from Mass, I have zero following/interest in the Red Sox. Nothing against them personally, I feel the same way about all the Big market teams. Too much money and don't care about penalties for over spending on salary cap.

CobraJoe

Rich, Major League Baseball has a luxury tax, (competitive balance tax) in place of a salary cap. It is tiered and the percentage goes up the more you spend. I think it goes as high as 62% of total salary at the highest point. 50%  of that gets distributed to clubs that did not exceed the Base Tax Threshold in that Contract Year, thus allowing the smaller market teams to acquire  players they may not normally be able to afford. Sadly, a lot of teams just pocket the money.

Ford Blue blood

I have pretty much stopped watching professional sports of any kind.  They are filled with a bunch of privileged, over paid premadonas (sp) that have no respect for themselves nor the sport they play in.  All they are interested in is the $.  We have bread them to what they are by creating to "Top Athlete in the State", "The Best Top 10 Prospect", and exceptional excuses for behavior.  This "grooming" starts at the high school level.  Academic exceptions, behavior exceptions, and sportsmanship exceptions are the rule of the day all in the name of winning.

Granted that is a blanket statement, I know there are many exceptions to that but the number that could help with many of the woo's we have today with youth is defining by their absence.  College ball is moving in that direction as well.  I do watch college ball as there are many folks that play for the love of the game knowing full and well it will be over for them at the end of their college experience.  Add to that there are many more universities that require academic achievement above the game thing then there are that are in it for the "ranking".

Sorry for the rant, just how I feel....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II