News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-09-24 13:18
Still having a problem with pics. Mainly because I haven't spent any time sorting it out. I did figure out apparently my computer pics are stored in two different areas, because when I click on the windows "pictures", that's when I have trouble finding stuff. However, when I'm posting something on this forum and go thru the normal attachments, browse,etc., it brings me to an all together different picture storage area where everything is organized by dated files as before. I think I need to tell the computer to use a different program to download.
Did you ever install Irfanview? After my last post here I was looking for something else on the site & saw that you had been told about it 5 years ago. You said that you were gonna check it out.
It's easy to sort pix there by date or name or whatever if you know where to click to do it.
Right now in the Irfanview program I have 283 separate folders & over 25,000 pix in those folders.  There are more pix on one of those portable drive things that you plug in with a USB cable.
Not sure what you mean by the windows "pictures"
Is that a MS Windows program?

RICH MUISE

yes, microsoft windows 10.
no, can't even remember talking about the Irfanview.
I actually got a pic sent to my computer from my Iphone. Here's the '57 Ford the guy from midland bought in California after I wouldn't sell him mine.
Thanks for the iphone info, Joe. After some account setting up, I managed to send one! took 15 minutes for it to appear though, is that normal?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

15 minutes is a long time, is your phone connected to your home wi-fi?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Isn't all this electronic stuff absolutely wonderful! I hate it.
I guess it's connected, I can "ask Siri"

hiball3985

We did a 300 mile round trip to the beach for 3 days to escape the So Cal heat. My son and daughter-in-law drove the 66 F250 hauling the trailer and the wife and I in the 57. Best part of the trip is the 14 mile winding road to the coast.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Perfect!! I love them winding roads, that's why I do southern Oklahoma and Colorado so often.............there's just no ocean as a destination. Head out this way sometime, Jim.....we can do days of winding roads!
I'm getting this pic problem figured out a little bit at a time thanks to Joe's help.
Gunter.....Hot Rod Hill Climb at the pit area/staging:
Also, I wish I had known Dan Greenberg was there. I would have liked to talk to him about shooting my car. One of the best auto photographers in the biz, imho
here's a link to HIS HRHC thread
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/photos-from-the-super-fun-2018-hot-rod-hill-climb.1122515/

hiball3985

Thanks Rich I would love to do that sometime, nothing is more fun then driving a 57 on the mountain roads..

Love the old Hot Rods. I'll be going to the Eagle Field drags in a couple of weeks..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

I'm going to try next year to go the HRHC... Been doing Mike's art since it's inception.Mike is a great guy..has asked me every year to attend... we had planned on going this year..but our plate was too full and work gets in the way the previous 5 years.....
Mikes dad(St. Nick has a killer 57 Ford....427 powered.)

Next year If i still own it.... we will bring the coupe..... or the 57.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Was that Mike's Dad's black and white in the pits?..........wondered what an "off topic" drag car was doing there! Didn't get a pic.
Passed that sign a few times. Early Saturday I was taking the new highway, where that sign was, and a beautiful 32 coupe passed me out. Speed limit was 30, I was doing 45 or so. I caught up and drove behind him the next 7 or 8 miles to Idaho Springs at about 60. Really wished I had a pic of that, but doing twice the speed limit on a  winding mountain road before you've had your morning coffee is not a good time to be taking pics while you drive, lol.

djfordmanjack

wow, thats a lot of old iron there...loving it!

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-09-24 19:46... no, can't even remember talking about the Irfanview.
If you get it you will like it. A lot!  A great program and free.

RICH MUISE

Got my oil/filter changed. Washed and waxed. I'll clean interior tonight. Tomorrow I'm headin' south for two days of the Goodguys show in Fort Worth at the Texas Motor Speedway. I've got a 50's diner to check out in Bridgeport and the new Summit retail store in Dallas. This trip with a little extra diving should be about 900 miles, all Highway.

JimNolan

Talking about changing oil. One of my cars has a 5qt oil pan and the other has a 7qt oil pan. I change oil every 3000 miles so it gets expensive driving both cars allot. The question I have is this. Since the 5 quart oil pan car gets 600 miles per quart put on it, is it practicable the 7 quart oil pan car be allowed the same miles per quart get 4200 miles put on it before oil change.

Just Pondering
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-09-26 16:43
Got my oil/filter changed. Washed and waxed. I'll clean interior tonight. Tomorrow I'm headin' south for two days of the Goodguys show in Fort Worth at the Texas Motor Speedway. I've got a 50's diner to check out in Bridgeport and the new Summit retail store in Dallas. This trip with a little extra diving should be about 900 miles, all Highway.
Have a great trip, I'm sure you will have pictures to share.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

absolutely, lol.
Good Morning, Jim!..............I was just wondering about you yesterday......must be esp. Come back more often!