News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Nice.....Very Nice....Outstanding as a matter of fact!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

Thanks guys.. we have been hustling since we decided to move.......last December......
The studio loft is where I will be working.... not finished yet...but all the hard work is done.. its directly above the shop.
The shop and garage are separate from our home.. and the neat thing is a tunnel connects them.

Still a lot of work to go.... but we are getting there.
We love our new house..... and the area.Far away from the big city......and that's a good thing.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

This is the tunnel that connects the house to the shop.... when we were purchasing..... we couldn't believe it.... My wife will never find me... hahahah

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

You're living the dream, Jeff. going to be awesome with the 32's and 57's in there.

Joe............did you stay up for the entire game last night? Hahahaha. 18 freakin innings, wow. I missed the last 8 and I'm on central time.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

No, I get up at 04:30 to go to work and I just couldn't keep my eyes open, fell asleep in the 6th. Funny thing, I meet my 87 year old dad for breakfast every Saturday morning at 09:00. He is retired and still gets up at 04:00 every day; when I saw him this morning, he had watched the entire game which ended at 03:30 this morning and he had not been to bed yet!
He is a die hard fan, he gave up his season tickets to the Sox about 5 years ago because he got tired of the over an hour drive to and from the game. Oh yeah, he had been a full Season ticket holder since 1967.   :001:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

rmk57

The tunnels not a bad idea. You wont have to bundle up and shovel a path when the snow fly's. :002:

Beautiful shop btw.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

sheltered walk to the shop and studio must be great, especially for your Canadian winters. I am also planning something like this for my new shop (extension). Although not a tunnel, I think of an open porch in summer, that can be closed with sliding windows and heated in winter.

FiveSevenLiter

Jalopy Journal today has photos from the Dawsonville Moonshine Festival event with great pictures of 57's.

www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/dawsonville-moonshine-festival-favorite-fords.1127268/
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

RICH MUISE

Beat me to it! Guys here keep telling us we need to go............that's a long way from Texas.

djfordmanjack

wow ! fantastic cars !

CobraJoe

Really cool, thanks for sharing.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

KYBlueOval

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2018-10-28 11:23
Jalopy Journal today has photos from the Dawsonville Moonshine Festival event with great pictures of 57's.

www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/dawsonville-moonshine-festival-favorite-fords.1127268/
Let me add a little to this. The first car shown is a '39 Ford. When you read the card in front of the car it says it was owned by Raymond Parks. If you have read about the history of NASCAR, the very early days, Raymond Parks is given credit for being the money man that got NASCAR off the ground. Raymond was to get a piece of NASCAR when it finally got some traction, but that never happened, and he was left out of the NASCAR ownership.
Being that he knew the moonshine business he went into the retail liquor business in Atlanta. And that is where I met him in 1970. He was a no nonsense business man, not long on conversation, and I was a new sales rep for Joseph E. Seagram.
I can't recall the name of the book I read about the early days of NASCAR, where I learned about the role Raymond Parks played in early NASCAR, but in that book it discussed Raymond Parks hiring a new driver for the Dawsonville to Atlanta moonshine run back in the day. I recognized the name as being the father of a kid I went to high school with. What a small world.
John 

CobraJoe

This is almost as good as the Sox winning the World Series... Notorious Boston mobster Whitey Bulger was reportedly beaten to death in prison by one or more of his fellow inmates.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/us/james-whitey-bulger-killed/index.html

RICH MUISE

Good week for Boston. As for me, what happens in this off season will decide whether or not I continue following the Rockies, which has been since their inception in '93. (lol, that's 1993 for you fans of the older teams). Lots of frustration.
I remember my dad talking about places he use to "hang out" in Boston before he married my mom. Scully Square comes to mind.........is it still there? I think they built the Kennedy Center in that old neighborhood.  I remember being in that area where a restaraunt/cafe/beanery ? had a huge tea kettle out front that actually blew steam.
I often wondered what life my dad was headed for, after the war. His story was he worked part time for a private investigator, which was the reason for the pics with the shoulder holster.

FiveSevenLiter

Well this is a first for me.  Sold my red pickup last year to a movie company to be used in a Hallmark Christmas movie. 
Yesterday I get a call telling me they came out with a Christmas Tree Ornament of my truck.  Too cool!
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin