News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2018-12-23 14:18
Post 1746 - what do they sell at the Liquor Pharmacy?  That you need a wagon and a pickup box?
The best stuff in town  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Swank:........except for the politics, religion, and keeping it clean, nothing is off topic here in Morning Coffee. Think of it like Jim's Saturday Coffee meet with the local guys. 

To copy my very first post on this thread (5 years and almost 200,000 reads later.....)
quote from 11/20/13: "Don't ya just hate it when you sit down with your morning coffee, get on the forum, and there's NO new posts? I was thinking it would be great to have a "Morning Coffee...What's Up?" board just to sit down and chat with the guys about what's going on in their lives, what's up with their projects with no particular subject in mind, where the've been, where they're going, etc. etc. It would help seperate the car stuff from the bs stuff for the guys that just want the "just the facts, mame". same forum standards..no politics, religion,advertising, etc.
What'd ya think?
Rich"

LOL, the only thing that hasn't happened with this thread is it hasn't had much effect on separating the BS from the car stuff.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Swank

Thats good to know, ....and i do like a good double shot of espresso to kick things off in the a.m.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2018-12-23 12:17... I sure like that 57 SD, wish I had one rather then a Ranchero. ...

Blasphemy!  :002:
Not that I wouldn't love to have a '57 Sedan Delivery.

hiball3985

Quote from: Tom S on 2018-12-23 22:56
Blasphemy!  :002:
Not that I wouldn't love to have a '57 Sedan Delivery.
Yeah I know  :003: If we lived in a perfect world I would have one of each, and a wagon and a custom.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2018-12-21 17:25
Yes Please Jim!
Got a few pictures this morning. The pipes aren't three to one, they are three separate pipes each containing a motorcycle baffle. They are about 20 years old now. He had the flanges made at a local machine shop and the front one includes a bracket for the generator and then just used pre-bent pieces from the local auto parts, cut to fit, welded and chromed  :003:. He wanted them to go outside of the frame and the drivers side had to take a major bend to clear the steering box.

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

A few of the car, I was surprised he drove it today with the temp being under 70 which is usually his limit.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Early coffee meet this week? He wouldn't have it out here today.......21*, 28mph winds, snow. Suppose to be like this thru Sunday.
Oh well, got my hands full with a kitchen refreshing. I'm about 6 weeks into a 3 or 4 month project. As much as we'd like new cabinets and a granite countertop, 20-30k is definetly out of the budget, so for now I'm stripping and repainting the old, but in good shape, cabinets. This house continues to amaze me. I have yet to find anything I've worked on that has more than one coat of paint. This house is 1957!, looks like it was painted inside no more than a few years ago. I'm sure most of the reason for that is it kept it's stained woodwork thruout until not too long ago. But other stuff, like wallpapers I've stripped to replace with stuff to our liking, were applied over unpainted drywall. I'm rewallpapering, but painting the walls before I do. As I go from room to room, I'm also replacing all the light switches and outlets. I think I've only run into one that was replaced somewhere along the line. Outlets are only 8" above floor level making them a pain to replace.
Oh, before I forget again.....a couple of handyman tips................large electrical wire nuts are great for capping off partially used caulking/adhesive cartridges! They work better than the caps they sell for that purpose.
I'm sure many of you guys have those oscillating multi-purpose tools that can be used for cutting, scrapping, sanding. They're the best tool invented since power lawn mowers, but I was really put off by the high price of the saw blades at 7 or 8 bucks a shot, or more. If you use them for sawing a lot as I do, you go thru lots of blades. I discovered Walmarts has them for just 2.88 each, so I bought one to check it out, not expecting much lonngevity, but it lasted at least as long as Harbor Freights(at $6) and the major brands.
Back to the regularly scheduled program......
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-12-28 09:30
Early coffee meet this week? He wouldn't have it out here today.......21*, 28mph winds, snow. Suppose to be like this thru Sunday.
Our coffee meet is everyday, any where from 5 to 15 guys and cars. I only go 3-4 days a week. Windy here to 50 degrees. At almost 72 I'm one of the youngest guys.   These guys don't get up early, by the time they are ready for morning coffee I'm ready for lunch  :003: My coffee time is between 4 and 6 am.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

you gotta love that roadster, Jim.  has lots of neat details of how these cars were supposed to be built back then. I like the checkered paint on the chassis and that he used an og old Henry steering gear. The pinstriping is real neat and the front nerf bars are cool as well. Well you gotta see that filled and dropped front axle along with the well worn Flathead engine ! wow ! This car sure isn't your average mint black kitcar Deuce rdstr. It has a lot of character, and it sure feels good that it still gets driven, the more so by an elder gentleman. Thanx for the pics update !

rmk57

Those rear tires stick out like a sore thumb. I guess the CHP just looks the other way and gives a true hot rodder a break once in a while.

It really is a neat car.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

I love the old school street rods too. He built this in about 1970 and it had a 4 cylinder and got the V8 in about 2000. The engine is a 42 that came out of his 40 sedan delivery and was completely rebuild so it still low mileage. Did anyone notice the quick change rear end? There is something about the law if the car is under a certain weight it doesn't have to have fenders. A few of the guys have slicks on their cars so I guess they are legal ?
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Only legal if the tires have DOT stamp on them.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2018-12-29 12:01
Only legal if the tires have DOT stamp on them.
Thanks for that info. I wouldn't run slicks on a street car so I didn't know.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Any tire run "on road" has to be DOT approved; slicks and cheater slicks do not have a DOT number. When i was younger, the ones that did have a DOT number, would become illegal for use after a couple of burnouts.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane