News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Very very Cool Roadster Jim...Love everything about it.I run slicks occasionally.. never had a problem with the law... just don't be an ass and they leave you alone.(around here).....
For the most part.I run a treaded tire..cause getting caught in the rain can be hazardous to your health.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

You have some sweet rides, Jeff.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

now we're talking.... 8)

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

lalessi1

Boredom is a horrible thing! The weather here has been really nasty...mid 50's, 60's, 70's, fog, drizzle, pouring rain, occasional thunderstorms for maybe 8 days. I have been drinkin', thinkin' and surfing the net spending tons of imaginary money. Right now I actually have a wide ratio 4 speed Toploader and an FE in my car with 3.89 gears so my car is geared like a truck. I am thinking of overdrive, maybe an automatic (I already have a 3.25 third member in the works) and I am amazed at all the stuff one could do with a federal grant. One can buy adapters to use an AOD, an AODE, 4R70E, 700R4, etc. One can buy a stand alone controller for a computer controlled tranny for use behind a carbureted engine. I could just use a C6 since I also discovered there are bolt on overdrive units for a C6 or even a Toploader, not to mention the Tremec options. Then I realized if I used the 3.25 gear and overdrive I might have to change the camshaft since the car would be turning 1900 rpm at 70. REALLY?

I wish the sun would come out. Boredom is a horrible thing!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Been down in the teens for a few days.really cold for Texas, but I'm almost glad cause I've got this kitchen refresh thing going on anyways. It would kill me to be stuck inside if the weather was road trip stuff. Actually, it's as planned. My wife wanted me to do it last summer, and I told her that was a winter project.......just didn't figure it would take all winter. I need baseball!

hiball3985

Super cold here too with winds that have calmed down today, rain coming this weekend so not much getting done. I always tell the wife her projects are for rainy days, luckily we haven't had many of those in the past few years  :003:

Lynn, I run 3.89 gears and a T85OD and love it. I traded a top loader for it and have never regretted it. It was just dumb luck that a friend acquired a 61 390/401hp with the T85 and he didn't like it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Oh thanks for that...something else to think about added to my list! Lol. Actually I was going to use a full sychro 3  speed from a '64 when I found a Toploader at the right price locally. Not real clear on Tranny models. I actually think I would use a Gear Vendor OD behind the wide ratio Toploader I have now over a Tremec because it is a bolt up except for the drive shaft and then I would have a 7 speed manual. Do you think the T85OD would handle the torque? My engine make 550 ft lbs. This is strictly a "bench racing" exercise anyway. PS, THE SUN CAME OUT!
Lynn

hiball3985

Lynn,
The fully syncro 303 3 speed won't handle that amount of torque and I don't think the T85 will either, at least not heavy footed  :003: The T85 is what the T10 was based off of and it barely survived the 406 so that tells you something. Top loader would be my first choice and I'm not up to speed on the newer type trans.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KYBlueOval

Seeing Jeff's Street Rod, I thought I'd post a photo of my '33. A Real Henry Ford '33.

CobraJoe

:iamwithstupid:  Absolutely  beautiful!!!  :occasion14:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

lalessi1

John, that is a really beautiful car. When I was 15, a friends' dad bought him a '34 Ford hot rod. It was drivable but a little rough around the edges. It was chopped and channeled with a Buick nail head engine, no fenders. It was and is the definition of a hot rod to this day. I LOVE your car!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

You've been keeping secrets, John. lol. Veeeeeeeery nice. What's the drivetrain? I love the clean look, and the "teardrop" headlights
Any other members with "other" cars they want to share?

Ford Blue blood

My 36 Chevy with a 351C/FMX/MII/8".  Sorry about it being a "crappy" photo, just can't find the good ones.  They might have gone to the great "bit bucket" in the sky with my old machine......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-01-06 08:36
Any other members with "other" cars they want to share?

Not really a car, but my other toy I built a couple of summers ago; it's actually my "plow truck". If you look closely under the bumper I built for it, you can see the Fisher plow mount.

Here's a pic of it in my shop when I first bought: