News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

My wife lately seems to be going from one medical issue right into another one. She's still dealing with the knee surgery she had done a few month ago, and tore her rotator cuff in her right shoulder. The knee damage was done when she was recouping from a bad kidney infection! They did day surgery on her shoulder Wednesday, and has to keep her arm tight to her body for 2 months. Not too much she can do alone with one arm, so I'm going to be pretty much housebound for the next few months taking care of her. We knew that was going to be the case, so I squeezed in a '57 roadtrip Monday and Tuesday to get out while I could. Went to Oklahoma since north to Colorado or west to NM was having some weather, cold and snow.
Good trip, 510 miles
First pics are at the Wichita Mountains wildlife preserve, created to protect the Texas Longhorn. Free range, no fences within the preserve.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

Great pics Rich, and best of luck to your wife with her recovery. My wife went into the hospital Labor day weekend for emergency abdominal surgery with a crap load of complications, which turned into 4 surgeries, 5 weeks in the hospital, and 3 more weeks in a nursing home. Back home now and doing much better, but she still has one more follow-up surgery coming up. Needless to say the old '57 has sat untouched in the garage all this time. Pretty low on the priority list right now though.

Jeff Norwell

Hope both of your wives guys,.. get better.. that really sucks......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

Rich, glad you could get in a trip, sorry about your wifes problems. My wife will retire in a few months and we hope that will free up more trip time. Last year didn't go very well with three deaths in the family so we are hoping for better things but we never know what curve balls life will throw us..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Fantastic pics, Rich ! isn't it great to see a 57 out on the open road ? Car shows and meeting friends are super nice but they are nothing compared to a great road trip and fresh air. Awesome ! Everytime I see your 57 it just clicks and I like it even more. It makes me want to paint my Del Rio a Gun metal hue !

RICH MUISE

Thanks Guenther.........it's always great for me  to see my '57 on the road.....the only other times I've seen a '57 Ford on the road is my friends Fairlane that I've done a few cruise with. Seen lots of '57 Chevies, but they don't count. I have seen a few on big rig trailers heading down I40, but never a "hey......there's a '57 Ford! No wonder most non car folks don't have a clue what they are.

Thor

Rich,
      I haven't been on here for a while. I switched to Google chrome and I can't seem to log in through it so I've just been a lurker. (I'm using Explorer today.) Sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she heals quickly. And before you ask...nothing has been happening on my 58...Life is squarely in the way sadly. It is great to see you having a great time with your 57 though. I wish you and your wife well.       

RICH MUISE

Thanks Thor.......good to hear from you. Yep, life gets in the way for sure. We moved almost 2 years ago to a better part of town than where you came to my old house......I'm now in a 1957 house! Anyways, spent the better part of the last two years making it  our house...........you probably know how that goes. Give me a ring if your ever down this way, and who knows I may actually do a Kansas road trip some day!
Hey guys...................we passed 200,000 reads on this thread today! pretty cool

CobraJoe

Morning coffee? .....more like afternoon beer for me.   :003:

I just received a delivery from Brown and I feel like a little kid and I had to share it with someone. I had a set of cut-n-turn front axle housings built for my Bronco; this involved moving the lower ball joint out to correct my camber issues as well as reinforcing and bracing the housings, cutting out the pivot bushings and welding in sockets for Uni-balls, etc.
The work and welding was phenomenal ! I have broken two housings already and have reinforced my housings, but nothing like this. Anyways, I needed to show 'em to someone; now I got to get them out of the house before the little women comes home.  :clock:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

rmk57

I hope that welder is getting paid well. Beautiful fabrication.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Really impressive. I'd think about making some lamps out of them just so they won't be hidden under the Bronco where you can't look at them.

fdlrc

Great welds, almost seems machine made they're so perfect.

Question over coffee: Anybody name their car(s)? I tried, nothing really stuck except I might say - I'm taking "The 57" or "The Bronc", but nothing cool. My aunt had a dark blue 53 Chevy with "Blue Angel" painted on fender near A-post. 
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

CobraJoe

My '74 Bronco was named "High Roller".    :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Lou

My 63 Galaxie XL convertible is "Baby"

Tom S

Quote from: fdlrc on 2019-01-15 19:50
Question over coffee: Anybody name their car(s)?
My humble opinion is that you can't go wrong by callin' em what they are.
I did sometimes did refer to my old '72 Econoline as "The Killer Van" 'cause it ate Chevy pickups for for lunch & snacks. :)
But it was never it's 'name'.