News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

It has been slow. I was hoping some of the new members would be coming on with pics and builds. Always nice to see the others' rides and plans.
I got some of the body work and pearl painting done on the Subaru. Nice to work on a daily driver car that "good enough" is good enough, lol. New car sheetmetal is sooooo thin, it's almost imposible to do a decent block sanding. Just to see, I grabbed a towel and ran it down a door with enough hand pressure to simulate what you'd do with a board sander, and you could see the metal move in and out as you glided your hand down it! As I said, it was "good enough" time! The pearl paint came out pretty decent, but I could see where doing a whole car would take a bunch of practice keeping the translucent coats even as possible. I still need to do a repaint on the back flexible bumper "cover". I think the clearcoat on those needs a flex agent additive?
Gotta spend a day or two on the '57 this week, getting the hood put back on and getting it detailed for our annual "Polk Street Cruise" on the 3rd. Week after that is the big cruise in Vernon Texas........"Summer's Last Blast". Seems like a strange name for an early August event. They also have a show and burnout contest.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Since I still live in the land of seasons, my pick list must be completed by April so I can drive all late spring, summer and most of the fall.  My goal is to not open the hood all summer.  The last couple of summer that has worked...not so much this summer.  Just got back from Traverse City.  Stared at Lake Michigan a lot and tried real hard to put a dent in the local wine harvest.

mustang6984

Went to the Good Guys Rod show in Puyallup on Saturday...and to a Mustang show today with my Saleen in Port Orchard. Busy...busy...busy.
Need to get back on the 57...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Still planning on a fall move to Branson? You need to post a pic of Sasha so the guys can see what a beautiful young lady you have there.

hiball3985

My long distance trips may be at the end for the summer not having air. Two weeks ago when I stopped to fill up it was 104. If anyone can guess the location I'll buy them all the virtual beer they can drink  :occasion14:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

The air in the 36 has been down for over a year now.  Life has gotten in the way and getting it up and running just didn't seam like it was high enough on the "ROUND TUIT" pile to jump on.  The trip to Louisville will be split up, stopping in Nashville at a friends place, over night there, then we all head to the Nats.

We leave early in the morning and beat most of the heat.  Nashville is just under three hours, leave at 8 and beat the heat, same to Louisville.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

FiveSevenLiter

That looks like my summer residence.
Start chilling the beer!
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-07-29 05:47
Still planning on a fall move to Branson? You need to post a pic of Sasha so the guys can see what a beautiful young lady you have there.

Looks like we will be postponing until March. Too many things to get done before we can move.  :sad10:

Here is a pic of my girlfriend...
(Sacramento in 2017)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Man, she is HOT!!!!  :003:
Lynn

mustang6984

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2019-07-29 14:19
Man, she is HOT!!!!  :003:

Thanks.  She was running at a dog park in Sacramento when we were down for granddaughter's graduation.
And she is a good looker as well. My son bought her for me for my birthday in '16. My 5th German Shepherd, she is my first to actually come from Germany.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2019-07-29 09:21
That looks like my summer residence.
Start chilling the beer!
OK, leave the light on for me  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Great looking dog. I've always had free mutts, the one Shepard puppy I bought was stolen..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2019-07-29 18:01
Great looking dog. I've always had free mutts, the one Shepard puppy I bought was stolen..

I know what you mean.
Duke #1 was a wild German Shepherd dog that was finally caught after 2-3 years of running loose in a town I was a cop in. After shift one morning I was handed a shotgun and told to take him up into the hills where the dump was and put him down. Instead I took him home, told the Lt. I had done the deed. He turned out to be a really good dog after a couple of years. After I left that department I trained him for protection and track.
Shane was a purebred German Shepherd that had been paid for, then never taken. He lived his first 2 years in a 25x10 kennel...and became "kennel crazy". I trained him for protection as well and that brought him out of the shell that kennel crazy dogs retreat into. My wife fell in love with him..maybe before with me?!?!?!
Crystal was a rescue dog...a German Shepherd who's owners didn't like nor treat her well. I wasn't all that fond of her either...dumber than a door post...barked constantly at anything that moved, including leaves falling off trees. Totally untrainable, she was easily the worst of my Shepherds. I was not unhappy when she finally passed on. But she had a better life with us than with her former people.
Duke #2 was a German Shepherd that I picked up when I went to serve a restraining order on a guy for spousal abuse. House was totally vacant, (wife had stripped it and taken their child and everything in it to her parents in Vancouver WA. to get away from him) He had been (according to neighbors) been beaten when he went after the guy as he was smacking his wife around while she was holding their less than 1 year old child. Guess the guy didn't take to being attacked by his own dog and left him behind when he split. Dog was tied up on a 5 foot rope to a post with no food and water that wasn't fit to wash your daily driver with let alone a sharp '57. He was REALLY protective of my wife and child. When we moved to a new town, local cops were chasing a criminal sort, who chose to enter my fenced back yard. BIG mistake. Duke knew my then 12 year old was home from school, and when the guy rounded the corner by the kid's bedroom...he was not well received by Duke. Cops, knowing the dog was in the yard (one of them lived at the end of my alley) waited for him to come to them for help. He barely made it out alive, the dog was going to kill him according to one of them. He also loved and worshiped my wife. Took a couple of years off a jogger who ran at her once...innocently enough, he was just jogging...but to Duke...he was attacking. Poor guy! Wife said she thought he started turning grey right there! Losing Duke #2 when he passed hit her REALLY hard.
This young lady, Sasha, we have now was purchased for me for my birthday by my youngest son in March of '17. I had been thinking about getting another dog, he knew it, knew I love the German Shepherd breed...his boss had this one...and voila...I had my 5th German Shepherd. She is ALL mine too. LOL!!! If someone else asks /tells her to do something, she'll stop and look at me first to see if that is what I want! We have gone all over the western U.S. together. She is a great companion, with only "civilian" training...meaning I have only taught her the basic behavior stuff...no working dog this time. She does come from a family of protection/K-9/tracking dogs, appears to be mostly tracking mentality, as her nose hits the ground to search out ever scent possible when she goes out. (Rich has seen this behavior...she knows his backyard intimately well! LOL!!!) She and the two Dukes are by far the smartest of the 5, and I think she might well ave been the easiest of all to train. But then she had no "baggage" to get past when I got her, so that probably helped.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

That dog is amazingly well trained. When he first arrived and just opened the back of his explorer(?) the dog just looked at him until he told her it was ok to get out. Heck, if it were my dog, I'd be still chasing it 3 hours later. My dog minds as long as she is contained in the yard or house, but once she gets out it's like she doesn't know me.

hiball3985

My last mixed mutt was a shelter rescue and may have been part shepherd. She was a nut when she first came home and it only took a few weeks for her to settle in. We don't have a fenced yard and she never left the property. She would walk to the end of the driveway and greet every dog and person who walked by, everyone loved her. She never barked unless a racoon came in the yard at night. When people asked what kind of dog we would tell the A TUJUNGA COON HOUND  :003:
She stayed by my side all day, working on the house, yard and when I would be in the garage she would just lay down on the seat of what ever car I was working on for hours just hoping we were going for a test drive, she loved cars.
I sure miss her. We are trying to do more traveling these days so we decided no more dogs, just many places with restrictions  :005:..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang