News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

The four guys that stopped to see if I needed help........probably wouldn't have happened if I was in the DD. The last guy, after I told him "I didn't need any help, thank you,It will either be a really quick fix once the engine cools down a bit, or a tow truck, There won't be any inbetweens." wanted to get out and look at my car. He was the Ford guy I mentioned, and had a Chevy Nova owner with him.. Owns amoung other stuff, a 428 Cobra Jet Torino. We all spent 10 minutes or so figuring out where that black stuff was coming from, and they agreed it was most likely the A/C system.
Definetly learned a few more "things are not always what they seem" lessons on that trip between the black stuff and the cure for my power window slowdowns.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

fdlrc

OH MY! What a story. Now I know why you may not make it to Colorado, as I just read this, nuf said.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

The car would be fine for Colorado, I'm worn out. my wife has had joint issues for months now, has a hard time doing housework. I'm not sure her cousin ever knew how, lol. She tries, but it's like a few months ago when I caught her cleaning spots on the carpet with a cleaner containing bleach. Yes, we now have light spots in a few places. Unfortunately it's something I'm real good at when it needs a thorough cleaning, just don't want to do it often any more. We've got 26 coming for a bar b que tomorrow, so I've been cleaning all week, yard work, etc. I'm still not done.......gotta go...........

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-01 20:06
We've got 26 coming for a barbque tommorrow, so I've been cleaning all week, yard work, etc. I'm still not done.......gotta go...........

TWENTY-SIX?!?!?! Yikes! That's about 22 too many! LOL!!! Hope they are all driving the Blue Oval. And where are they all gonna park? YOU don't have that many spots even with the back yard opened up.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Families.......there won't be more than another 8 cars or so.........I can fit 16 in my front driveway......or about 10 if we leave one side of the drive open so cars don't get blocked in. I do believe the only blue oval here tomorrow will be the one in my garage.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-01 22:39
Families.......there won't be more than another 8 cars or so.........I can fit 16 in my front driveway......or about 10 if we leave one side of the drive open so cars don't get blocked in. I do believe the only blue oval here tomorrow will be the one in my garage.

I am so happy that my sisters no longer like me! LOL!!! No visits!

And I don't know too many people that don't own Fords... :003: Most definitely do not know 26 that don't drive the Blue Oval!  (whew!)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Rick, when I read your bad luck stories, I realize that I'm not the only one born under the wrong star.  seams like some things just happen, but sometimes in my case they are self induced. Take care, Alvin

scottegibbs

Just dropping in to say Hi! I will say that mornings are not my thing. Maybe that time frame will be more and more to my liking as I progress through my retirement, but after 10 years I can't really see that happening!! LOL  :unitedstates:
.         ____________              1957 Ford Fairlane
         /                     \             1990 Ford Ranger
      |\  ----------------  /|          2005 F-250
      (o)____________(o)          2016 Escape
      (______|___|_____)

Ecode70D

Rich
     All l can say is that your kind of fun on a long trip is not fun.   I'm happy for you that you made it home safely.   If l'm reading it correctly, did a Chevy guy help you?   If so maybe some of them are OK.

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum Scott. I'm not a morning person either.....that's why I just plop my butt down in front of the computer after I grab my coffee.

RICH MUISE

Scott, I just saw your recent email to me. I'm going to post it here in case others have the same problem/questions.
"just curious, is there a site to sign in or anything like that? when i go to 57fordsforever.com , there are a lot of "missing" pages and links, etc. I understand from reading that someone acquired the site a couple years ago and is still working on getting the site back up and running
Scott"
I suspect you're getting to the www.1957ford.com forum, (or at least that's a link you're refering to), which is now under the same ownership as this forum. This is www.57fordsforever.com , which I'm assuming you're getting on to ok since you did your first post this morning. 1957ford.com is still being worked on as James has the time. He's put hundreds of hours in trying to salvage what was a "crashed" site.
This, and another email I just got are the first I've heard about issues with this forum, if there are any. Sometimes the members that stay logged in "forever" don't see the same things, or have logging in issues, that the newbies experience.
I'll see what I can find out.

gasman826

Starting another project...haven't a clue which direction...yet!

djfordmanjack

wow, I already love this project Gary !!! ..... :001:

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2019-09-12 15:24
Starting another project...haven't a clue which direction...yet!

Doesn't matter which direction it goes...with THAT on top...it will be the RIGHT direction! Oh YEA!!!  :burnout:   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

scottegibbs

Hi Rich, some of the things I noticed are when I go to Paint & Trim, I don't see any sample colors and there is no information on the Exterior page. When I go to the Models page, all the links I click on go to a page that says 404: File Not Found. I'm not sure if these are pages that have just not been updated, or if there is a problem. I do love the Forum and all the info I have found!!  :unitedstates:
.         ____________              1957 Ford Fairlane
         /                     \             1990 Ford Ranger
      |\  ----------------  /|          2005 F-250
      (o)____________(o)          2016 Escape
      (______|___|_____)