News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Rich...my money is on the relay. Seems likely.
The mower should be worth $400 even with bad bearings. The cost to fix them would make it worthwhile. And it is a Toro...those things are pretty good and last for a long time if you don't drive them off a cliff!

"Rich, I know you think I'm pulling your chain, but I'm not. My other sit"
Alvin...I did this by highlighting what I wanted to print out here...then right clicked it and hit "copy" of the offerings. Then right clicked on this section for me to type in my responses to you and Rich...clicked on "paste" and there ya go. So you can do the same for Rich then he will know you are not losing your marbles... :003:
I personally...believe every word you said...sometimes I think computers and servers from our providers purposely like to mess with us to see how long it takes to drive us insane! :angry5:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-24 16:45
We'll just blame it all on a foreign invasion by Jeff, sounds good to me.
"I'm not sayin' it's Jeff's fault, I'm just blaming it on him" :002:

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-24 16:45
Do motorcycles have a "driver's side"? lol
Why do you ask?
And yes, but it's the rider's side & it's right behind the handle bars. I love bein' behind bars.  :003:

YEE HA!

Tom S

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2019-09-24 19:43
... I wish I knew how to send you a copy of this ...
Take a pic of it & post it here.
Or if you have a computer & a place on it that stores pictures get the post on the screen, hit the 'print screen' button at the top of the keyboard, open your pic file, or MS paint, & paste in the pic of the screen, name it & save it. Post the pic here.
Hope that's clear enough.

RICH MUISE

Haha, I believe you Alvin. I'll send James a memo in the morning. He's the only one that can fix stuff like that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

A '57, hoarder friend passed some time ago.  I attended his wife's auction.  If he had it, it was very nice, rust free or NOS!  I came home with eight pieces of '57, NOS sheet metal.  I also came home with the revelation that hoarders should sell their stash.  Leaving it for the heirs to liquidate is cruel and shortsighted.  The heirs don't know what it is or what belongs to what.  After a grueling week, or more, of dragging car parts out and lining them up in the field, there is relief just to get it over and gone.  If the hoarder offers a part up for sale, he sets the description, condition and price.  Sell it or not.  At auction, it takes at least two buyers who can only guess at the description and condition by starting at a very low price.  Before the end of the auction, the buyers are satisfied and the remaining items go to the scrapper.  Sell it for full price, NOW!

PIC 1 NOS hood
PIC 2 Four rust-free fenders...one is NOS
PIC 3 pair of NOS headlight panels

alvin stadel

Gas man, you are so right. I'v been selling parts every chance I get, most all my stuff is good to very good. I hate swap  meets but have unloaded a bunch there and at very good prices. This last spring I sold 2 of my T-Birds and got a very good price for both. WE've all had this discussion before, we are a dying breed, so if you can start to unload some of this stuff at a fair price do it  Take care, Alvin

RICH MUISE

Great score....now don't hoard them!. I'm curious if the nos fenders came with the headlight surrounds already attached.? Also, .....could you post a pic of the backside of one of the nos surrounds. I'm curious just how good the forming is in the area that is the outer seam. It's pretty unusable on the aftermarket pieces without a ton of handwork.

mustang6984

I could use a hood for my '57!

And thanks again for the chat today Gary...appreciate the time sir.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Mustang 6984, the next time you run I-90 heading for your new home, stop in. I have a very good hood that needs to go away.  Take care, Alvin

mustang6984

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2019-09-27 08:59
Mustang 6984, the next time you run I-90 heading for your new home, stop in. I have a very good hood that needs to go away.  Take care, Alvin

Thanks Alvin! I will do that indeed!  Thanks...Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Rich, I have no idea how this happened. A friend that is very versed in computers stopped by this afternoon, I told him of my problem with this foreign language crap I had on this site. It took him awhile but now it is back to normal. Not sure what happened but the language was Albanian and I have no idea where it came from.  Take care, Alvin

RICH MUISE

aletrnas juwsert hovil saq :occasion14:

gasman826

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-09-26 20:37
Great score....now don't hoard them!. I'm curious if the nos fenders came with the headlight surrounds already attached.? Also, .....could you post a pic of the backside of one of the nos surrounds. I'm curious just how good the forming is in the area that is the outer seam. It's pretty unusable on the aftermarket pieces without a ton of handwork.

An NOS fender comes with the headlight panel.  The NOS headlight panels are a perfect replacement.  I have tried and failed with the aftermarket ones.  I have repaired fenders with the NOS panels with easy, perfect results.  My source for the NOS panels was from this guy's stash.  As far as more pictures, the panels are already squirreled away.  For whatever, strange reason, the backside of those panels are coated in some tar-like stuff.  Nothing to be photographed there until some serious cleaning.  Everything went to the sea box except the rust-free '41 coupe trunk lid that is being prepped to go to the media blaster.

RICH MUISE

Haha..your eyes must have gotten really big when you spotted those. Lots and lots of work to make the aftermarket ones work. After I finished the first fender, I decided to just cut up the second one and use as patch panels for the second fender. Much easier, but I couldn't have gotten away with that on the first one as it was too far gone. Thinking about it down the road, if I ever had to do it again with aftermarket panels, I would cut the backside totally off, then hand work the outer profile to shape, then weld on a back flange. Actually, on the first one, I ended up cutting the backside of and doing as mentioned except I butt welded the surround with no back flange at all. I kinda worried about that from a strength standpoint, but heck, that was 10 years ago, and there's no signs of failing to date.

mustang6984

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2019-09-27 15:08
, I told him of my problem with this foreign language crap I had on this site. It took him awhile but now it is back to normal. Not sure what happened but the language was Albanian and I have no idea where it came from.  Take care, Alvin

Off hand...I am guessing it came from...(wait for it)...ALBANIA! LOL!!!
Sorry...that just was too easy...had to do it! LOL!!! I am bad...I know.  :naughty:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker