News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

Good for you Rich, great way to end your summer of frustration, you should be proud.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

Thanks Les.
I told ya I wasn't good at guessing numbers.....registrations at the run to the Inn show was 232.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Great news Rich, I'm happy for you that all went well on your road trip. Just think how much more fun that is then dragging a trailer around. I hope you post some pictures..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Thanks Jim. I'll post some pics later. I decided to spend some time figuring out this posting pics thing again now that I just use my iphone instead of my camera. That's why I've stopped posting pics for the most part, no problem once they're on my computer, but getting them there was my issue. I did find out yesterday from a youtube video a very easy way to transfer pics directly from the phone to the computer with just a few clicks. That almost went well, except when it said the pics would be downloaded and sorted by date, I thought they meant the date the pics were taken, which is exactly what I wanted. What it did was sort it by the date the download occurs on, so I've got about 900 pics all in one folder. So, I've got to figure out what happened there so I can actually find stuff. The stuff I spent time putting a tag on a grouping was put in it's own folder, but still not arranged by the date the pic was taken. Also, every pic in the iphone was downloaded except the ones I took at the show this weekend!! Something else to figure out.
Here's a link to the youtube video on transfering pics from the phone to computer if anybody is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7UNY0GNDEw

hiball3985

I don't have a phone and just use my old camera. My wife takes a lot of pictures on our trip with hers and so much better then the ones I take. She downloads them to her laptop and then sends them to me, but even with the phone set at the lowest resolution they are to big to post here so then  I would have to resize them, another PITA so I don't post hers. Other sites I use automatically resize pictures, wish we had that here.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Some pics. The first one was taken from a MacDonalds parking lot in Santa Rosa, which is where I break off from I40 and head south. You can see I40 winding up the other side of the valley. I took very few pics at the show, and they were not too good. To get a good shot of the show, it really needs to be taken from higher ground.

RICH MUISE

s'more

RICH MUISE

These two will give an idea of the crowds that were there all day long

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-10-07 19:35
s'more

Nice plaque! Good to see it go to a '57...so often those things go to the guys with the bow-ties between the rails of a former Ford. You certainly deserve it! Congrats!
Nice to see that sweet gal on the road again instead of where I saw it last...crying crocodile tears in the garage with indigestion.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

That looks like a great road trip. I'm dying to get on the road again if mother nature would only cooperate.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

fdlrc

It sure looks chilly in that first photo. Remind me, what are your tail lights out of?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

A perfect chilly. I drove most the way with my windows down, a flannel shirt and heater on low. My kind of weather.
opps! senior moment, that was on the way home with no rain.
Tailights are 63 Galaxie 500 XL. The XLs have the 4 fins that the lower models don't have. My gas and brake pedals are also 63 Galaxie 500 XLs. They are the stainless with rubber ribs. All available as repops.
The oem 63 tailights don't have the outer trim ring like mine do. I made those rings from stainless dog dish bowls. 4 bucks at Big Lots, lol.
The first pic you mentioned is on the old RT66, a few miles down the road from the car museum and Bozo's garage.

I always wondered if I should have installed the tailights with the fins angled to line up with the tailfin, or used the ones with no fins. I may have that photoshoped to see what it would look like.
Another senior moment.....If I remember correctly, I didn't angle the tailight to match the fin because you can't. The car's fin centerline, if extended, does not pass through the center of the tailight.

RICH MUISE

70's yesterday, 40's this morning.....deepfreeze in low 20's tomorrow! urg!

hiball3985

I'm glad I'm not the only one who drives with the window down and the heater on, my wife thinks I'm crazy  :003: We have Santa Ana winds coming today and tomorrow, they said they could be the worst in 20 years and I hate wind  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Forest fire season in SoCal with the winds picking up?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429