News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

50s over here and 40 nighttimes. it is getting uncomfortable outside.

Jeff Norwell

65 and sunny!. beautiful here!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

alvin stadel

Like Rich told me, it could be worse, they say it will be below 0 in our area in the morning. And yes I find this very uncomfortable.

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2019-10-10 11:11
I'm glad I'm not the only one who drives with the window down and the heater on, my wife thinks I'm crazy  :003:

After all...you hang around with all of us '57 lunatics!  :006:
I drive the Saleen around with the top down and the windows up to build a cocoon...then turn the heater on. Stay nice and toasty at 65-70...even when it is 35 out. Not that the Saleen sees much of that weather...but it has on occasion.  :burnout:

P.S. Oh...and over here on the edge of the continent...(12 miles away from Victoria B.C. Canada) we are getting 55-60 degree days with nights in the 33-35 range. Alvin wins the deep freeze award!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

I participated in the NSRA Cajun Nationals last Friday.... 97 degrees! Over 600 cars at last count.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

After carrying all our big potted plants inside last night, it never got below 34ish, and it's up to 63 right now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

I did finally get my cooling fan working again. Replaced the fan motor yesterday. That, I'm sure was the original problem. The other issues with the connector, relay and fuse came about when I started disassemling stuff to check it out. It is soooo much quieter than it use to be.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-10-11 17:51
I did finally get my cooling fan working again. Replaced the fan motor yesterday. That, I'm sure was the original problem. The other issues with the connector, relay and fuse came about when I started disassemling stuff to check it out. It is soooo much quieter than it use to be.

Quiet and cool! Can't ask for more than that from a HOT rod!  :003:
Now your Looks HOT...but stays cool!

Sorry...couldn't resist those...I have others, but I don't want club members to hunt me down and allow me an up close examination of their undercarriages! HEHEHEHE!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Going into and out of the fair grounds at the Nats was the true test of cooling systems!  Slow, as in slower then walking, mid 90s and not a breath of air moving.  Many rods, both early and the later stuff (50s & 60s) were off to the side of the road "catching their breath".  Nothing more miserable then a HOT hot rod!  Happy to say mine behaved very well....:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I wouldn't expect anything less from one of your cars, Bill. Of course you did bring that Ford powered Chevy, right?
Overall, at all of the shows I've been at, I see very few with mechanical issues, and most of the ones I did see were dead battery related........like the guy who was at one of the shows trying to find someone who could jump his 6v car.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-10-12 08:37
I wouldn't expect anything less from one of your cars, Bill. Of course you did bring that Ford powered Chevy, right?
Overall, at all of the shows I've been at, I see very few with mechanical issues, and most of the ones I did see were dead battery related........like the guy who was at one of the shows trying to find someone who could jump his 6v car.
I wonder what the issue was? We use to jump start 6V cars with 12V all the time. Back in the 60's I had an 57 with 11.5:1 Y block I used a 6V starter in it..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Yup, the ol 36.  Only has 140K on it now.  Time to rebuild the front suspension (M II), guess the 351 should be rebuilt as it got a "rattle can overhaul" in 1974 after coming out of a 72 Ranchero in a wrecking yard.  Not sure how many miles are on it.  Just happy it has been a good reliable car over the years and never saw a flat bed until the tire issue!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Yesterday was finally weather I could tolerate in the desert so off we went to Barstow to chase UP 4014 from there to the Cajon Pass. Stopped at Molly Browns for breakfast on the way. Our first chase was with my son riding in the bed of the Ranchero shooting a video, I've included a link but it's from some google drive that I don't have so if some can see it please let me know. My wife did a video from inside also but I have no clue how to get it off her phone. We did more video at another location also. Then on the way home I was cruising along at 95 with the wife suggesting I maybe should slow down  :005: and me trying to convince her that the speedometer just looked that way because she was viewing from an  angle but she didn't buy that and just as I let off the gas as we were approaching a slower car she reached over and took a picture to prove I was full of bs. So she only wrote me a ticket for 92 rather then 95, my lucky day  :003:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11U2vyYTM7l51TEqChhW512a0G7SL95D_
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

A couple I had to resize, hope this works.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

I opened it, just clicked on it Great video! I get stuff off of my phone by emailing it to myself and then saving it to my desktop.
Lynn