News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-10-17 10:57
I was wondering about that...gotta be real careful to make sure some lookieloo's heading the opposite direction don't drive head on into you..... or you into them for that matter.... Lots of cars being distracted from what's in front of them.
Yep, it's like trying to thread a needle while your dancing  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Yesterday I went to a small car show, maybe 60 cars of all descriptions spur of the moment, gorgeous weather thing. I came home feeling very proud of our '57 Fords. My car is built as a '60s sleeper with most of the stuff "all go and no show", and by far no "show" car. I fielded a lot of "what is it" questions" and received a lot of compliments including comments from a couple of guys that thought it was the coolest car at the show. I started not to share this because I didn't want it to sound like bragging but I really thought it was more about having a 1957 Ford!

On another note...I had mentioned in another post about receiving comments in the past about my car needing bigger rear tires. I actually had some guy come up and remark when he saw the engine "I knew it wasn't stock when I saw those rear tires"!!!! :003:
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I feel the same way when I post about all the cool thoughts and comments I get on mine...........people are just not use to seeing '57 Fords. I went to the local first-Saturday-of-the-month cruise this past weekend, and there were 4 57 Fords there! My Custom, a Ranchero that I had followed to a Canadian, Tx car show a few weeks ago, my friend's 57 Fairlane that followed me to Red River, NM last year, and a black Ranchwagon that may have been Pat Fleishman's brother. It left before I had a chance to see who brought it.
Besides that, it's OK to brag about our cars here anyways, lol. Them Chevie guys sure don't want to hear it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Lynn, Your 57 is one of my all time favourite cars....It is EXACTLY how i want my 57 s to be... a sleeper..It's not bragging... its called being proud.Hopefully one day I can meet you at the Lone Star bayou and see that beauty in person.I for one would like to see more of your car.It's perfect.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2019-11-04 10:33
Lynn, Your 57 is one of my all time favourite cars....It is EXACTLY how i want my 57 s to be... a sleeper..It's not bragging... its called being proud.Hopefully one day I can meet you at the Lone Star bayou and see that beauty in person.I for one would like to see more of your car.It's perfect.

I'd just like to SEE his car.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, Lynn is a little shy of posting pics of his car.  I remember that usually I had been waiting about a year or so until he posts new pics. :003:
I love his Custom. it has a very cool paint combo and stance.

djfordmanjack

PS, isnt it amazing, the body lines that really pop out on Lynns car. his color combo is unusual but it really  exeggerates the body lines. look how the rear quarter trim goes with the body line on the rear wheel well and how the black glass surrounds on the C pillar also match the curve of the chrome trim on quarter panel. WOW !
No offense to Fairlane owners, but the Custom and Custom 300 sure have a thing or two going imho ! WOW again ! :001:

djfordmanjack

btw Hugh, remember you got that Custom quarter panel chrome trim on the SD Courier as well ! :002:

mustang6984

That is one hot lookin' ride to be sure! I think part of the "look" is courtesy of the pic too though. The camera was set up so that it was down low and took a straight on broadside of the car...with equal distance between the center focus of the car and each end.
I too like the color scheme...it definitely accents the body lines real well!
Thanks for the pic G...
And Lynn...sweet ride!!! :003:   :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-11-04 17:20
btw Hugh, remember you got that Custom quarter panel chrome trim on the SD Courier as well ! :002:

I do! And it is safe! I figured it might be hard to duplicate...so it was well cared for...on this car and will be on the one that is in the garge still.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Lynn has/had  a sedan delivery also? Don't think I ever knew that. never mind.........reading lessons for the elderly coming up next week.
The angle of his back bumper appears to have been changed.
I'll post it here and on the "wanted" board as well..........a local shop called me tonight looking for a distributor for a 312. He's doing some mechanical restoration work on a 57 retractable for a customer, said it looked like the po tried to move/remove the distributor with a big hammer. If anybody's got one, or a source, let me know.
Also, as long as I'm in subject matter swing mode........I know a lot of us are techno challenged, so I'll share this: I accidentally found a feature on my Iphone 7 yesterday that put a smile on my face. I've always struggled trying to take photos and keeping my finger on the digital shutter button on the screen. I found out when the phone is in camera mode, the physical button for lowering the  sound/ring volumn turns into the camera shutter button! who knew? everyone but me?
You guys are going to have to live with my bad spelling...I've been noticing our spell check on the forum isn't working any more.

mustang6984

Rich appears to be suffering from CRS... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Maybe, but I can't remember what CRS stands for.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-11-06 14:23
Maybe, but I can't remember what CRS stands for.

:003: Can't Remember Sh..... :002:

That's okay Rich...I suffer from it too...sometimes though...on purpose! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

"That's okay Rich...I suffer from it too...sometimes though...on purpose! LOL!!!"............exactly what  my previous post was about.
This is the time of year I really miss New England , and particularlytoday as I look at all the leaves around my house that need to be raked up. One thing I especially miss is the smell of burning leaves throughout the town...........probably don't allow that anymore back there either. They don't here.