News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Yea...can't burn leaves in the cities around here anymore either. That was half the fun when we were kids...burn leaves late in the day...then maybe roast marshmallows that evening over the coals left behind.
I HATE the world we live in today sometimes...actually most of the time. Seems like many of the fun things we could do...are not allowed anymore. And that...sucks eggs! (Can we still say sucks eggs? Or has than been made a no-no as well?)
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Can't have burn pits/camp fires anymore, they pollute, but nearly every house around here has a fire place?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

alvin stadel

Huge, you are right. I don't know how much more of this crap I can take, I'm kind of glad I'm on the way out.  I'v been accused of living in the past, and I guess to some extent that is right. All we can do now is remember how good it was, the music, the cars and life in general. I feel sorry for my grand children as they have no idea as to how nice it was to grow up in the 50's and 60's. Things that are exceptable  now were not when we were growing up, gays stayed in the closet and never heard of a guy getting his dick cut off so he could be a "women" to me this is still unexceptable, but it is a norm for the children of today, what will it be like in 20 years. Well I have vented enough for now, hope I didn't offend any one. Take care, Alvin

rmk57

I built a small fire pit in our back yard. One fall evening we had a wiener roast with our kids with a couple other of their friends. Off in the distance I could hear a siren that was getting closer and closer and sure as hell a fire truck pulled up in front our house with 4 firemen in full fire battle gear holding extinguishers, axes ready to put out this small campfire. We ended up putting it out.
They told us your next door neighbors phoned it in and we have to respond and there is a no burning bylaw in our district. Great neighbors. Havent spoke to the a@@holes since.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

We left the city 20 years ago.. we have bon fires all year round.Surrounded by farms... We love living in the country.... close Lake Huron and the city is 3 hours away.

Thank god.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

I live in the city for now...but when we move to MO I will be living in the country, on a big enough piece of land that I cannot see, hear or smell my neighbors. I don't want to even KNOW I have neighbors. I am so sick of people sticking their noses into my business...or hearing their fights in their home I could just scream.
Saw a shirt one day a few months ago..."I used to be a people person...then people ruined it". In today's world that is so true....sadly.

Alvin...you are spot on...in all aspects...sadly!

Later...Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, don't know what music you're into, but as soon as you moved in you should check your own Branson , MO 'The Petersens'.
They are just terrific and I think they go to show that even today there at least can be some good music around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQx4KDivPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3hXYININJw

lalessi1

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words about my car. Been on a little beach trip...our 30th anniversary. Beautiful weather on the beach, upper '70s... very nice time.

Guenter, on Saturdays we have a local high school radio station starting around 10:00 CST. They play 60s (early and late), some local blues, some local Cajun music. WBRH. wbrh.org to stream. I think you might find it fun listening
Lynn

Jeff Norwell

They are awesome G!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

I like country (although not much of that around anymore these days), 50's & 60's R&R (from my era), jazz, blues and the Big Band era sound. Pretty much anything I suppose except that garbage rap.
I have heard of the Petersons...I spent 8 months in Branson last year re-habbing an apartment building I bought there. Branson is a really neat town...all of their shows are family friendly, for the most part inexpensive and the people who live/work there are kind and friendly.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, do me a huge favor and go to one of their shows and maybe think of me a little too. I will not make it anywhere near Branson anytime soon and I just love their music so much. The sound is pure and being all family members ( except dobro guitar player) I cannot believe how much talent they each have. much more than a whole bunch of modern music producers, 'artist' or even half of todays 'pop' business, if you ask me.
Seeing that their father is an Air force member and from their Christian background, I am sure the talent did not come without discipline, some really hard work, practice, and again hard work and practice.

Anyways. I have been thinking of opening a topic about music for a long time but was hesitating. last time when Lynn did one in off topic that was cool. I believe I would want to moderate a topic that is related to our '57 Fords but would also expand to all types of American roots music and up to possibly the early/mid 1970s.
Let me know of what you guys think about that, and where we should put that in case. Unfortunatley we don't have a button here to directly link youtube (music clip) videos. I don't know if James or Rich would be willing to install that.

djfordmanjack

I will try to get that streamed, Lynn. that is about 5pm our time so a good time to listen to the radio !

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2019-11-07 14:33
Guenter, on Saturdays we have a local high school radio station starting around 10:00 CST. They play 60s (early and late), some local blues, some local Cajun music. WBRH. wbrh.org to stream. I think you might find it fun listening

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-11-07 16:18
Hugh, do me a huge favor and go to one of their shows and maybe think of me a little too. I will not make it anywhere near Branson anytime soon and I just love their music so much. The sound is pure and being all family members ( except dobro guitar player) I cannot believe how much talent they each have. much more than a whole bunch of modern music producers, 'artist' or even half of todays 'pop' business, if you ask me.

I will do that when we get moved over there. I seem to remember seeing one of their billboards around town as well. I will shoot a pic of it and send it to you next time I am out there...which might be sooner than later. I have some things to deal with at the apartment building.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Very cool! I see they have a long line of Christmas concerts on their schedule.

https://www.petersenband.com/show-dates/

BTW I am just totally crazy about Bluegrass music. can't get enough of that crazy Banjo pickin', so here is some more classics for today :002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ5SzHd8-gY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229yFFtQ86o

( don't worry, I am also into Blues, Swing, Jazz, Soul, RocknRoll, .... :003:)

mustang6984

I can see that if I get my car over there, and we go cruisin'...there will be some very similar music being shared with the people around us! LOL!!!    :003:

And yes...Christmas is a very large part of the "Branson Attraction"...almost as many people on any given day for Christmas as there is during July at the peak of the summer season. Pretty spectacular.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker