News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2020-03-12 19:34
Yes Huge I remember the swine flue, you had a high fever and wanted to screw in the mud.

LOL!!! And developed a taste for eating garbage. I had pigs for couple of years. I was amazed at the things they would eat.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

I'm moving my upholstery jail discussion from 'stepping on' Rich's drip rail post.

Moving toward a lawsuit to get court order to release my car is not about money.  It is about life continuing no matter how important we think we are.  The owner of the shop is a master craftsman with generations of experience and a lifetime of high-end interiors.  He is my friend.  He has credits for several Detroit Autorama Riddler Award winners.  He takes ownership of his work and in his medical, drugged condition can not give up his job until it is completed to his highest standards of quality.  I am starting the suit to position myself for the worst case scenario.  My friend is a 76 year old diabetic, amputee, with other health issues who is also a very bad patient.  If his business ends up in probate, I want my 'ducks in a row' so I don't get the left over pieces after the courts, heirs, and vandals get done picking the remains of this business.  I don't want to attend his funeral with a court order in my pocket to hand to the widow.

Ford Blue blood

Yup, pigs will eat ANYTHING!  We raised hogs for food.  Our chickens were "free range" before free range was a thing.  The eggs got eaten, when a hen started to set for the second time off came the head and into hog pen went the entrails, feet, head and anything else that didn't go in the oven.  Want to get rid of a body, find a hop pen.....

Going to continue living my life as I see fit.  Went through the Hong Kong flu, the Swine flu, the flu flu without catching anything and will handle this this if it happens to come along.  I will say my immune system is strong.  I worked in a germ factory for 10 years (children's museum) and never got sick.  Really think those with compromised systems are most likely to suffer catastrophic outcomes.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2020-03-13 07:32
I'm moving my upholstery jail discussion from 'stepping on' Rich's drip rail post.

Moving toward a lawsuit to get court order to release my car is not about money.  It is about life continuing no matter how important we think we are.  The owner of the shop is a master craftsman with generations of experience and a lifetime of high-end interiors.  He is my friend.  He has credits for several Detroit Autorama Riddler Award winners.  He takes ownership of his work and in his medical, drugged condition can not give up his job until it is completed to his highest standards of quality.  I am starting the suit to position myself for the worst case scenario.  My friend is a 76 year old diabetic, amputee, with other health issues who is also a very bad patient.  If his business ends up in probate, I want my 'ducks in a row' so I don't get the left over pieces after the courts, heirs, and vandals get done picking the remains of this business.  I don't want to attend his funeral with a court order in my pocket to hand to the widow.
That sounds like an insane situation with a slim chance for 100% happiness all around. Good luck!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2020-03-13 07:51
Yup, pigs will eat ANYTHING!  We raised hogs for food.  Our chickens were "free range" before free range was a thing.  The eggs got eaten, when a hen started to set for the second time off came the head and into hog pen went the entrails, feet, head and anything else that didn't go in the oven.  Want to get rid of a body, find a hop pen.....s.

Yea...that part about a body...our buddies in Vancouver area will remember a fellow up there about 15 year s back I believe was arrested for several murders. He apparently was disposing of the bodies in his pig pens. Don't remember all the particulars now...but I think he was at it for a few years before being caught. Don't remember how he was caught either. But it was pretty nasty.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-03-13 11:26
Yea...that part about a body...our buddies in Vancouver area will remember a fellow up there about 15 year s back I believe was arrested for several murders. He apparently was disposing of the bodies in his pig pens. Don't remember all the particulars now...but I think he was at it for a few years before being caught. Don't remember how he was caught either. But it was pretty nasty.

IIFR after thoroughly searching the pig pens, didn't they find one small bone fragment that got him caught? 
Terry

mustang6984

I think so. Has been so long ago now I don't remember all the particulars. I just remember that he was charged with several murders, and the RCMP and local detectives suspected there had been dozens of victims. He was also, if memory serves, somewhat of a loner too.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

you know what they say about loner guys...

Pigs are cleaner than most animals.  They don't sweat so they have to regulate their body temperature by laying in mud.  Pigs **** in one corner of their pen.  Pigs will eat most things as long as they are relative fresh.  They will not eat moldy corn or ground feed.  Only health pigs are butchered.  I had a job hauling semi truck loads of livestock.   A sick pig would die in the trailer before it would make it to the slaughter house.

gasman826

Michigan has a shortage of hand disinfectant.  We just came home from dinner.  We used liquor for disinfectant.  NO SHORTAGE YET.

mustang6984

Pigs are also mean...I do not miss dealing with them. UGH!

Liquor is good for disinfectant...after you pour it over your hands...you can pour it into a glass with ice and dispose of it!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I deleted Gary's last post from this morning, and that fixed the issue we were having not being able to open it or the whole page 169 for that matter.
Sorry Gary........not sure what you posted but it wasn't liked by the forum gods for some reason.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Hmmm..I've hardly been doing any posting for the past few days, but I still managed to get another smite, lol. I guess I won the race to 20 by many horse lengths.

We have our first 2 confirmed cases of the virus in Amarillo it was announced today. I don't know any details yet. Gas is down to the low 1.70s. I was at a pawn shop today in search of ammo for some handguns and a shotgun  we inherited. Took the 4th store before I found some....bought their last box after he told me 20 minutes before that that he just got in a case! There were about 35-40 people in the shop all looking at weapons of some type. A dozen employees writting up sales tickets as fast as they could. They told me it has been like that since last Friday.
We're pretty well set on TP, but some relatives who can't get out are not, so I'm up at 5:30 tomorrow to see if the 6-9 am "elderly only" at united markets is gonna do any good.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-03-18 23:10
Hmmm..I've hardly been doing any posting for the past few days, but I still managed to get another smite, lol. I guess I won the race to 20 by many horse lengths.

Okay...venting here...WHY would YOU get a smite? Seriously! (that will probably earn me one.)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

No biggie, Hugh. I have no idea why I've gotten so many. I do know at one time I got a few because I said Thunder Road was one of the worst movies I had ever watched. Then there was the time I talked about my just aquired dd Subaru. One of the old moderators on the forum banned me for a week after my Thunder Road comment. I guess we have something the Hamb doesn't have.......a DISlike button, anyways, all in fun and after the first few I stopped taking them seriously. I just figure some don't know exactly what "smite" means and think they are giving me a "like", lol. Yeah, that's it!

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker