News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-03-18 23:10

...We're pretty well set on TP, but some relatives who can't get out are not, so I'm up at 5:30 tomorrow to see if the 6-9 am "elderly only" at united markets is gonna do any good.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

I hit 2 United Markets while my wife was going to two others. My total net was 2 individual small boxes of kleenex and 2 rolls (not 2 bundles)of paper towels. I hope my wife does better. Her nephew is a manager at one United and is saving her a bundle of TP. It'll be divided up to 4 families.
I was at the first United right at 6 which was their announced opening time. There were already lines at the checkouts with full carts!??
They announced our first confirmed two cases of virus in Amarillo last night.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

It's crazy here too!  No eggs?  Lots of milk and beer (essentials, right), no chicken or pork but lots of beef?  Of course no paper products of any kind.....don't understand the heads on some (many) of these folks.

There should come a time in the near future that the hoarders should run out of storage space!  My daughter in TX was worried about TP, told her there are plenty of leaves and lots of grass and if push came to shove she could drag her butt across the carpet like the dog.....no sense of humor....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

Raymond Ford -- Adrian Michigan 1920

mustang6984

This stuff is getting ridiculous. Had to go to three stores to find  bag of dog food for Sasha! People are hoarding cat litter! Does this country's occupants not understand that as long as commercial rigs are running there will be shelves full of things deemed needed?
This is the result of "social media" run amuck. Nothing sociable about it.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

A lot of it is the unknown. I suspect quite a few are stocking up in preperation for possible area wide lock downs, as well as getting supplies while they are still working and have the money.
On a good note, my wife went to one Sam's while I went to another. Both had long lines waiting for the stores to open. My wife said some of the younger people in the lines up front were telling the elderly customers walking up to take a place in line in front of them. :001:

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

UGH! At least there was a purpose for my grandfather going to war. I feel llike I am being asked to sit on my couch because of silliness.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Funny... all this virus stuff going on and it flooding the airways and always on my mind, I woke up from a long nap a little while ago and walked into the living room area still a bit groggy. Nobody there, not even dogs. Everything quiet. I looked into the dining area and all the furniture was covered with sheets. Oh my god! we all died and I didn't even know it!!
I stopped for a moment to ponder that when the silence was broken by my wife coming into the kitchen. Startled, I asked her what was with the sheets. She was doing laundry and they still had some wet spots that needed drying out.

The MLB network announced that the past two year's archived games (that would be all of them) are free to watch for everybody. That was really cool of them to do that. I'm not even going to ask for a refund of my annual 150. fee. Lots of people doing really good things for others. :001:

Ford Blue blood

One of my friends is going into major withdrawal because NASCAR is cancelled!  He is so upset, thinks it is all a bunch of phewwie...... Kind of funny, I have been on eight deployments, there was no anything other then ARFATS for entertainment or information.  We didn't have satellite TV or email, the only urgent communication with home was Ham radio. Staying home is really easy compared to being on board an aircraft carrier in the Indian Ocean for four months straight with no liberty (no place to pull into). 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glenmichael

I also took a tour of the Indian Ocean aboard the Kitty Hawk, Days of being on the flight deck, sea breeze, laying on the wing of an F-4 getting a sun burn, plenty of food and card playing, way better than launching the things of the coast of Vietnam. I can handle a little at home time, just miss tacos and margaritas at my favorite place while shopping the store with 200 people looking at empty shelves..

mustang6984

Wish I were at home now...2000 miles across the country. Were I at home I could be working on my SVO or the Courier or the '69 Mustang. Instead...I am here in Branson which is becoming a ghost town.
But...I have some books, and TV and an area where I can go hike or wander in the woods without seeing anyone if I need to get out of the apartment.
Feel sorry for the people who only work 9-10 months a year...this is painful for them.

Stay safe all...eat, drink, build and be merry!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

57imposter

So I was sitting around, this winter, with some other street rod geezers discussing all things automotive. I mentioned that I had a Magnum wagon sitting out in the parking lot, with about 170000 miles on it and a 58 Ford with about 12000 miles on it, sitting in storage. I asked everyone if anyone had a good reason for saving these cars that we all have put away. No one had a great answer. So new deal for me. In Feb., I brought the Ford out and put the wagon in. The Ford is now my daily driver and I am going to do my best to completely use it up. I spent almost three years and as much money as I could scrape up building the car to, apparently, save it for the next guy when actually I couldn't care less about the "next guy." He can build his own! If I do this just right, when I die, there will be just enough left that they can dig a real big hole and drive it in it with my old ass inside. 

rmk57

I'm thinking of firing up my Mustang. It hasn't run or driven since 2008, I think it's about due. Probably not long enough to qualify as a barn find though.

Had to go to 3 grocery stores to get hamburger meat. Lots of steaks, roasts, ribs just no hamburger. Finally got some at our local butcher. No potatoes for fries though. The search continues.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

PRECISELY! I was once refused the purchase of a '70 Mustang Grande because the seller knew I would drive more than they did, which was only to Bellevue CC once a year for a Mustang show in which it would win first l,ace in the Un-Restored Concurs class.
I currently own an '88 Saleen "one only" Mustang. When I bought it back in '01 it had 21k on the clock. Every time Steve Saleen sees it the first thing he does is check the odometer...and then grin as he sees that I have been driving it. People have a fit because I do...but not him...he says that is what they are for...to enjoy by driving. It is 2k short of 100k miles today.
And I told my son he may inherit my Courier...but it will need a new engine and transmission...cause I am gonna wear out the new ones. Drive...drive...drive!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker