News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-29 02:07Remember...cigars are nowhere near as bad as cigarettes for your health...same with pipe smoking, just saying... :-\
Yeah, if you don't inhale. Otherwise I can't buy that old story. Tobacco smoke in your lungs is tobacco smoke in your lungs no matter what you inhale it from.
Due to the very high tax on cigarettes here I ended up switching to these little filtered cigars after somebody let me try one & told me what they cost.  They are packaged like, & except for the color, look just like cigarettes. Cigars & pipe tobacco are taxed differently than cigarettes. Cigs were $120 per carton & the little cigars are $30 a carton.
I smoke way too much & now I wonder if I'm smoking more. It's a very strong addition. : (

CobraJoe

On the COVID-19 subject, have you seen this video by Dr. Erickson? Makes perfect sense to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=sfiFoXtfVU8&feature=emb_logo
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

Thanks Joe, that is really interesting and shares many of the same opinions I have had. From all the bad things that build the immune system I should be immune to everything :003:. But I'm still staying at home because I'm in the higher risk group. Smoking all my life I don't know if I want to chance it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Interesting, but he lost my attention when he started talking about New York and extrapolated the tested patients to the entire population. It was when the reporter in the background was obviously arguing something, but I couldn't hear what. My thinking......who got tested? in most cases I would think the tests were done on people showing virus symptoms, so you cannot assume the entire population is going to test positive at the same percentage (39%).
Also, interesting is now they're concerned about opening up the country because doctors are losing jobs.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

In early February about 4 "couple friends", my wife and I all came down with a virus that none of us had experience with. We all had sore throats, conjunctivitis, serious coughing spells, bronchitis, night sweats... etc. It lasted 2-3 weeks and it hit one of us who is diabetic particularly hard threatening to move into her lungs. She is STILL on meds. We are all of the same opinion that we had a form of the virus... I am of the opinion that we do not really understand much about this virus and we are acting on outdated pandemic control parameters. I am not being critical of the government, just making a hypothetical observation.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Right on. The world hasn't figured this thing out, I can't understand why people are so critical when the experts change their minds as new information becomes available. I'd be more worried if they didn't change their minds.

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2020-04-29 02:56
Yeah, if you don't inhale. Otherwise I can't buy that old story. Tobacco smoke in your lungs is tobacco smoke in your lungs no matter what you inhale it from.

Cigars and pipes do not get inhaled i to the lungs. At least...not supposed to. And yea...they are taxed differently. I have been a pipe smoker since '79. Heck...in Wa state pipe tobacco is now treated more harshly than pot.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

After looking at pics here this morning , the bottom task bar on my computer froze up. The main desktop works fine..desktop icons as they should. Clicking on any of the icons on the task bar does nothing. Tried rebooting, did nothing to change. Of course I can't click on the windows icon either to get to any troubleshooting help or tools or other programs.
Any ideas?
When I was trying to open some of those new pics, they didn't show. I found out a little later they opened up "behind" the forum page screen. It was after looking at the top one, then closing it that the problem started, or at least was noticed. I also have a new icon on my desktop title bitmap image. It freezes the desktop for a minute when I try to open it.
wasn't sure if the thumb drive I had still plugged in had anything to do with it, so I removed it. Then the icons to open webpages on the task bar all but disappeared!
If I disappear, it's because my 'puter is in the shop.

RICH MUISE

OK..finally fixed it. I remembered CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up a menu with a task bar on it.

hiball3985

We finally got a little trip in today, only a 150 mile loop of two lane but it was nice to get back on the road again. You may recognize this place from a TV show, it was closed of course.

JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Okay...I'll bite..what TV show?

Nice to get out eh?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-30 20:38
Okay...I'll bite..what TV show?

Nice to get out eh?
HA HA, not yet but here is a hint. Think one of those silly reality type shows.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Storage wars?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2020-04-30 21:06
HA HA, not yet but here is a hint. Think one of those silly reality type shows.

That lets me out then. I don't watch those.   :P
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

American Pickers?