News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Contibob

Merry Christmas to all, from Beautiful San Diego

Marc

Merry Christmas everyone! :icon_santa:

lalessi1

Merry Christmas from south Louisiana! :icon_rendeer:
Lynn

RICH MUISE

My wife got me a very appropriate little gift. It's a woodcrafted sign about the size and shape of a billiards rack (or mountain).
"THE MOUNTAINS ARE CALLING.................I GOTTA GO" haha...perfect. She knows me well.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Merry Christmas from the "Frozen Tundra".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Dashing through the snow.
Not completely but we tried. After 8 months of no rain we got a one day storm and it included lots of snow in the local mountains. You can't go up the main roads without chains so we went around the mountains early this morning to the desert and tried from the other side but they had the road closed completely above 4000 feet  :005:. Up to the closure was a great ride.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Nice to see the Ranchero out and about. Pretty country. "We....."...you and the wife? Wish I could get mine to come with me. Yeah, I went thru some snow covered mountain passes last week........loved it.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-12-29 18:18
Nice to see the Ranchero out and about. Pretty country. "We....."...you and the wife? Wish I could get mine to come with me. Yeah, I went thru some snow covered mountain passes last week........loved it.
Yes, she always wants to go. Even before the Ranchero she spent 35 years traveling around the country with me in my 60 F100 panel truck. I wish we could travel like we use to...
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Yes, mean ol Mr. Time has a way of changing things.  Used to drive from Norfolk VA to WI non-stop, little over 1K miles.  Doing 800 now has turned into a two day trip......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2020-12-30 07:36
Yes, mean ol Mr. Time has a way of changing things.  Used to drive from Norfolk VA to WI non-stop, little over 1K miles.  Doing 800 now has turned into a two day trip......
Exactly! Now after 300 miles I need a nap  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

My sister called from Florida yesterday because we didn't connect on Christmas. She called about 11:30am, my wife had to wake me up from my second nap when she called, lol.
Got to talk to some old friends on Christmas. An ex-girlfriend of mine married my best friend 52 years ago. (That was ok........I was already married, and I hooked them up). Their daughter is my Goddaughter, and they are godparents to my son. The last time we talked was 15 years ago when I went back home to Mass. for my mom's funeral. The great part about our connecting was being able to find out about tons of other people. Amazing how lives intertwine in a small town (Acton, Mass...60's population about 3500).

hiball3985

Thats great Rich. I also had a surprise call from my first hot rodding buddy the day after Xmas. He's in Michigan and I haven't talked to him in over 50 years. I was 16 when we met and he was the old guy at 21 and we ran together until he moved back there in 1968. Some how his daughter located me for him, he's 81 now and doesn't have a computer. It just blew me away to hear from him after all this time. Last time I saw him was when I gave him a ride to the airport when he left LA..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Me and the other woman I live with went and got our Covid vaccinations this morning. Amarillo was obviously well prepared for it, very proud of my little city for handling it so well.  Vaccinations started at 9 am, we got there at 8:30. 23 degrees outside. The convention center here is 3 blocks long. We got in line right next to where we parked at the south end of the building. We assumed the line went inside, 1/2 way down the building. It didn't. It went all the way to the north end, made a turn, and went one block where it made a 180 and came 1/2 way back to the end n entrance. Inside it went up and back 3 hallways and one main exhibition hall where they were actually giving the vaccinations. We got out at 1 pm. Had to be 3-4,000 people. Today was the second day for 65 and older folks or health workers / first responders who hadn't got it yet. We have to go back in 28 days for the second shot. Everything was free. My wife should be getting a call any day now, they have started the vaccinations at the VA.
One thing that puzzled me completely today was among the 3-4k people there, we saw one black person in the lines!! Totally baffling.
BTW, 23 degrees outside this morning with 0 wind. very unusual for Amarillo. No way I could have stayed outside for 3 hours in 23* if it was windy. :001:

gasman826

As I finish off the second bottle of champagne,  a lot of stories come to mind but I think I'll just wait for the ball to drop and hope everyone is looking forward to a new year!

abe_lugo

Happy New Year everyone! Let's see what we get done in '21. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008