News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane62

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-05 09:59
James..........we'll hook up some day when this covid thing is over. You live in one of my cruising areas. I only did 2 events last year, and one of them was with the Crossmembers out of OKC. It was a 124 mile cruise starting and ending in the Guthrie area. 220 cars!

Sounds good.

RICH MUISE

A few days ago, Rlibew sent me some pics of his gorgeous 4.6 powered 500 to post. I know how to transfer pics from my iPhone that I took with it, but haven't figured out how to transfer the pics he sent either to my "photos" collection, or directly to my computer. Been wrapped up with current events on TV, but I'll get to it soon.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Rich, on an I-phone, click on the photo you want and then click on this button:

..after that, you will see several options, click on the mail or e-mail option and send it to your e-mail address
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

So...re: people moving to Texas and thinking they were gonna make changes??? You'd be surprised how many of them get "cold shouldered" out of the state within 2 years...literally run out. Texans have very few if any filters on their attitudes. I have heard from several people who felt they were ran out on on a rail. My thoughts...good!  (BTW...I have NO filters.)

Off my box now...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Jim, can we talk your daughter's Country sedan a little over here ? if you really don't feel like it I will delete my post.
In my opinon it's not that bad a car as you might think. Personally I would never do that, and I totally get your point.
But I have to say that it is looking very good, and has a great theme going throughout, albeit with a modern twist. I also like Rich's Custom a lot, although I would not have built it that way. Anyways I'd say the the gunmetal color really looks great on 57s , maybe even better on Richs Sedan. I guess the handles on hers could be reversed back to stock easily ( if also needing a repaint of doors). the polished wheels have a vintage design, and the real leather interior looks comfy and pretty classy. Again, not what I would ever do with my cars, but no crime either - Like I said in another post, it's nice to see a female getting into our sweet Fords at all , and let's face it. Even in todays fashion of gender correctness. I have yet to meet a female enthusiast that would be up to the task of running, let alone working on a vintage Y block or similar stuff.  We have to accept the fact that women don't even care about hp or stance, let alone the kind of powertrain that's in it. as long as it it works and is reliable and cheap to maintain. And the car's color matches their shoes...hahaha
Props to your daughter she is driving an old car AT ALL !  :001: :004:

brushwolf

Ditto,

I like it though I would have done a couple things different too.  Everyone should set their car up to suit themselves.

25 yrs ago the numerous numbers matching guys would be aghast that anything whatsoever was not factory. But the way things are going we will probably be increasingly considered irresponsible if we don't have disk brakes, air bags,  collapsible steering columns, dual master cylinders, equal size footprint on all four corners, etc..

Times, they are a-changin...
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-01-09 05:51
Jim, can we talk your daughter's Country sedan a little over here ? if you really don't feel like it I will delete my post.
In my opinon it's not that bad a car as you might think. Personally I would never do that, and I totally get your point.
But I have to say that it is looking very good, and has a great theme going throughout, albeit with a modern twist. I also like Rich's Custom a lot, although I would not have built it that way. Anyways I'd say the the gunmetal color really looks great on 57s , maybe even better on Richs Sedan. I guess the handles on hers could be reversed back to stock easily ( if also needing a repaint of doors). the polished wheels have a vintage design, and the real leather interior looks comfy and pretty classy. Again, not what I would ever do with my cars, but no crime either - Like I said in another post, it's nice to see a female getting into our sweet Fords at all , and let's face it. Even in todays fashion of gender correctness. I have yet to meet a female enthusiast that would be up to the task of running, let alone working on a vintage Y block or similar stuff.  We have to accept the fact that women don't even care about hp or stance, let alone the kind of powertrain that's in it. as long as it it works and is reliable and cheap to maintain. And the car's color matches their shoes...hahaha
Props to your daughter she is driving an old car AT ALL !  :001: :004:
I agree with all your comments and feel the same way. Shes happy with it and I can try to overlook some of the things but that other brand engine makes me want to BARF  :005:
This is actually the second paint job, she originally wanted it to be yellow but it didn't come out like she wanted, looked too much like the lemon yellow of the old days, and it didn't match her shows. I haven't actually seen the car since it's been done, do to the Covid crap we haven't visited in a year, last time was Xmas 2019
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

"real leather interior"...........did I miss some other pics somewhere?

hiball3985

I really don't know if its real leather? I'll ask the next time we talk.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

a really sweet car! Thanks for posting that Jim!
I got Rlibew's pics transferred to my computer (thanks Joe). Took some time to figure it all out. I'll post them in Member's rides. Very nice car.......kinda wish I had his version of the 4.6

hiball3985

I guess it was time for it to come out of the closet  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

FiveSevenLiter

What does it have under the hood?
Mercury?
Lincoln?
American Motors?
Tesla?
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

Picked up a new toy today to take the place of Enco miller:

:003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Nice score Joe. Variable speed too! Haven't run one for 35+ years, but back in the day I could sure make them sing. I've still got my Gerstner machinist chest...........not sure why. For the past few decades the only thing I've used occasionally is my 1"mic and 6" calipers, a few times my magnetic stand and dial indicator. I think I have about 10 different mics.

hiball3985

Super! I love the old Bridgeports. We had one in high school machine shop and then in a few shops I worked in later. My next door neighbor has one but he passed away 15 years ago and his wife still lets me use it when needed. She wanted to give it to me but I just don't have room.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang