News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-01-13 07:53
haha ! Jim, thnx for the good laugh !
that is nice ! :001:
The things I do waiting for the sun to come up :002:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

while the sun is nearly going down over here already ! :005:

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-01-13 08:15
while the sun is nearly going down over here already ! :005:
Does that mean it's time to party  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

It is five-o-clock some where......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-12 13:19
Ours should be direct deposit also....none of the three of us have got it yet.
x

Don't rule out that it could be coming by pony express or stagecoach.
        For some reason ,  all of our mail is arriving several weeks late if someone is expecting it by mail.
         They also have been delivering on Sunday.   That's real crazy.

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-01-13 07:35
what a gang :002:

WOW! Jim
     How do you come up with cool stuff like that? 
      I have to save that. Jay

mustang6984

Have not had any fried clams in decades...but I could definitely use some! Lead the way!!!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2021-01-13 12:37
x

Don't rule out that it could be coming by pony express or stagecoach.
        For some reason ,  all of our mail is arriving several weeks late if someone is expecting it by mail.
         They also have been delivering on Sunday.   That's real crazy.

I mailed a check from Shell Knob MO to Olympia WA. Should have been there in 3-4 days. Took OVER 3 1/2 weeks. It was going to my wife's credit union account for some auto pay things she has not yet moved to our new credit union.
Had she not been checking every day to see if it got there we would have been in deep stink stuff! She called the credit union and told them when it was mailed, and they covered all the stuff without penalties until it arrived
Same day I mailed a check to Jerry Henry for a air of radiators he had for sale. He got his a couple of days after the credit union got theirs...and he's 3-400 miles closer!
Lesson learned...from now on...when mailing checks...FedEx...USPS can go pound sand!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I suspect the covid thing has really messed with their operation. What else could have caused it?? Good to know though. We do all our stuff digitally now. I haven't written/mailed a check for years.
Hugh.......you've NEVER had fried clams unless you've had them New England style!
Well, I've got a new addiction........binge-watching streaming TV on the computer. I haven't watched TV for years because I would need the sound up so loud. My wife got me a new set of earphones a few months back that are made for people with hearing issues. When you set them up, It plays tones on either side separately that you click a button as it goes thru ranges to set each side to suit. My wife also told me I could get the Netflix and others that we have on our TV on the computer as well. I had no idea. I watched a half dozen movies, then started to check out some of the series. Wow. I got hooked. A while back, my wife and Sherri were binge-watching some series on the TV, and would be up til 3-4 am watching. lol, now it's me. Watched one called the Ranch, about 5 or 6 years' run worth, in a little more than a week. Very good, very funny at first. Got a little drawn out/repetitive themes. Sam Elliot, Debra Winger, Ashton Kutcher, and my new heartthrob, Elisha Cuthbert. Not sure of the accuracy, but gave a lot of insight into running a western ranch. Kinda hit home because of my late uncle Jack...........a 4th generation rancher.
Now I'm watching Longmire. Excellent and highly recommended. If any of you guys have Netflix, and want to see my fascination with roadtrips in New Mexico, check this one out. It's suppose to be about a sheriff in modern day Wyoming, but is actually filmed in New Mexico.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

X2 on the binge watching this last year. We have Netflics and Hulu. One more episode and we will go to bed, OK one more episode and we will go to bed until we fall asleep in the living room  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Binge watching the Ranch ain't so bad, especially if you like whiskey & steak, IMO, once they got rid of Rooster because of the new norm, sex accusations, it went down hill.
That being said, you want to binge watch a series about ranching, watch Yellowstone; absolutely phenomenal.
Cowboy mafia at its finest. Kevin Costner is brilliant but my hero is Rip Wheeler.
Worth the watch IMO
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

I'll check out yellowstone after I finish with Longmire. Rooster/Danny Masterson's real life (MeToo) trial will be in Nov. A petition by his lawyer to dismiss charges due to statute limitations was thrown out by the judge about a week ago. Gotta love Abby!
Don't get tired of the repetition of the Ranch and quit watching....the end is pretty good. I tried googling their town and couldn't find it. Gotta love the Chevy vs Ford stuff in the show!

CobraJoe

I have watched the whole series, but as usual today, everyone is guilty until proven innocent. They jumped the gun when they pulled him after the alleged  assault.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

Yellowstone is just as captivating, excellent series!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Cool..........I guess we found something else we have in common. Binge-watching until 3 am is pretty cool actually when you're retired!
Back to car stuff.........I've been keeping an eye on the Goodguys first-of-the-season show in March in Fort Worth. It's on Hemming's list. It would be great to at least have the option of going.