News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Jake said "It's  just a cheap model old car" so he is going to install a snow plow on it for the winter and get some use out of it.   He'll be very careful not to damage the hood emblem that came from some guy name Highball , and a front fender from a guy named JV.  The 58 headlights will have to wait until after winter when the snow plow comes off.         

hiball3985

We need to lock away Jays body tools before he does any more damage :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Quote from: hi :001:nk=topic=4578.msg83231#msg83231 date=1612710951
We need to lock away Jays body tools before he does any more damage :003:

OH OH    Jake is in trouble now.  Those are the 58 headlights from Cobra Joe that Jay was supposed to be holding for Günter .
Somehow they got installed on the old car before the plow did.  Cobra Joe and  Günter  all I can say is that the night shift screwed up.
The worst part is that it is snowing like crazy today in Mass and they were supposed to install the plow.

hiball3985

I think you should send the headlights to G and put an Edsel front clip on before the plow  :003: :burnout:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-02-07 12:52
I think you should send the headlights to G and put an Edsel front clip on before the plow  :003: :burnout:

Jim
      There is no chance of getting an Edsel front end.   They do look nice on 57 58 Fords though.  The problem now is that the night crew installed poor Günter 's 58 headlights on that old 57.  Next problem is that we had another snow storm today and it's getting deep.
The solution would be if we can get the night crew to install the snow plow like they should have in the first place, then we can get the snow plowed .  Unfortunately   Günter  is going to have to wait until his headlights get removed.   

djfordmanjack

So does that mean the 58 quad headlights are a factory rust belt snow plow option ?

RICH MUISE

Man, you can tell the winter drudgeries are setting in with you guys, lol.
Some stuff going on in this neck of the woods. This past Saturday, we had our first Saturday of the month cruise-in, and there were about 80 cars! Last month's was good as well. We've been lucky to have good weather at the right time.
I heard, but not confirmed, the annual Decatur, Tx swap meet is on. It's always the last weekend in February. Also, as of now, the Goodguys show in Fort Worth in March is a go.
Not sure I'll make either, as much as I'd like to. I'm trying to make this year the one I do my 4k mile road trip in the '57 to Florida. It would be ideal if I could use the Goodguys show as my jumping-off start to that road trip, but not sure if I can get the $ together in time for that to happen. Fort Worth would be about a 350 mile start for that trip.
I got my 2nd Covid shot about 3 weeks ago, so should be in full effect by now. I've still got to be super careful though. 3 guys along the way to Florida I'd love to finally meet........Lynn, James, and Bill. Not sure if that can happen with the Covid.
I got some odds and ends done on the '57 that I've been procrastinating getting taken care of. Played contortionist and got an A/C vent hose reconnected, and a hard to reach radiator hose leak fixed. I also found out I had my vent window locks switched right to left, so got them swapped. I also managed to get most of the wind noise eliminated. I retweaked the door window frames, but I also added a small but effective seal to the door jamb along the top and down the windshield dog leg area. It's not a seal that should be there, but it's not all that noticeable when the doors are open. That whistling noise was getting really annoying, but now sooooo much better.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Rich, I did the same with some 1/2" peel and stick foam insulation and it helped quite a bit.
Only 11% of our area has been vaccinated with the first shot, now they are out and saving what they have for peoples second shot. I'm still holding out..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-02-08 07:06
So does that mean the 58 quad headlights are a factory rust belt snow plow option ?
G.     I think so.  Now they are officially  a snow plow option.   They did such a nice installation that we hate to take them off.  They will help a lot when plowing snow.   I need to start looking for another set of quad headlights for you to replace. the ones from Cobra. Joe.    According to the weather liars , we have two more big snow storms coming this week .
  Rich.   It ain't right for you to be having all that nice cruising weather.   Send some of it
to us in Mass.

jviera

Come on now Jay for someone who was with the RMV you of all people know you have to have plow lights, so you are all set great job. JV

Ecode70D

JV  All of that is correct about the high plow lights. The front fender lights will blocked by the plow blade.  We'll have to contact the night shift guys and have them install roof lights like they do on pick up trucks.   

RICH MUISE

Looks like my '57 trip to Florida is on. As of now, I'm planning on the mentioned Goodguys show in FW, then heading east, probably Saturday 13th. A lot will depend on weather forecasts. I'll probably spend 7-10 days there.
My speed shop friend is going to get the car on his lift hopefully this week so I can get some minor changes done and checked out locally before I leave. My back springs have settled enough so that I think I can remove the lowering blocks in the back and be where I want to be without affecting the handling. Also, I think my tranny mount has settled a bit, so I want to add 1/4" spacers.That will move the engine away from the firewall that same amount, and back where it was originally.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Good morning Rich.   If you have to alter  your  tranny mount and do something to your rear suspension ,  you may want you check the front and rear U joint angles to make sure that they are  still in sync with each other.  Just a little change in those angles could give you a not needed vibration.   But you most likely know this already,  Jay

lalessi1

Love to meet up Rich. Let me know!
Lynn