News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Looking forward to it!  What month?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Awesome!!.......Bill: Next month (March).....I'll have to keep you posted as to the when exactly because I'm not sure how long I'll be staying in Florida, and because you live so far north, I'm planning on going that way on the way home, eventually catching I40 somewhere. I need you to pm me your contact info and address.
Lynn.....If all goes according to plan, I'm planning on at least Shreveport Saturday night after the show, so sometime Sunday (Mar 14). I have your address, but I need your phone numbers.
With this covid thing, if there are any issues meeting at your house, I'd be more than happy to meet up somewhere. We all have to be super careful, so I totally understand if you or your wives have any reservations. Hell, we're still not having family and friends at our house even though we've all had our vaccinations.
I've wanted to do this for sooooo long!!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2021-02-09 05:39
Good morning Rich.   If you have to alter  your  tranny mount and do something to your rear suspension ,  you may want you check the front and rear U joint angles to make sure that they are  still in sync with each other.  Just a little change in those angles could give you a not needed vibration.   But you most likely know this already,  Jay
You are right on Jay. Even a very small vibration is just a precursor to failed U joints.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

And Jim....Please notice that the U joint statement was from Jay, not from that troublemaker Jake Sparrow.

I hope that all of you guys in the warm and sunny places have have a nice day.  It's snowing in Mass with more to come in
the days ahead.

RICH MUISE

Exactly why I want to have it done before I leave for Florida. I'm really not anticipating any issues because these "adjustments" are really just putting the car back to where it was before gradually settling. But I'll put it thru it's paces while I still have time to undo any changes before I leave.
Jay..you'll be happy to know it was 22 degrees here this morning and the trees are still ice covered. Will be below zero this weekend with snow and ice predicted. UGH!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

I found a new piece of late '60s drag racing hardware.  Clutch-O-Matic

hiball3985

Was that design so you could use high RPM and then dump the clutch to engage the auto? I've never seen one of those.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Didn't Don Garlits lose part of his foot in an explosion with a home brewed setup like that?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

The first MOPAR automatics had a clutch pedal used only to start and stop.  Some of the FX MOPARs modified Torqueflites to replace the torque convertor with a clutch...Clutchflites.  Early and into the mid '60s, 'bonsia' starts were legal.  MOPARs with the old typewriter automatics were revved high and when the light turned green, the 1st gear button was pushed.  After several transmission explosions, this practice was outlawed.

This transmission is a heavily modified C6 with a 427 FE Lakewood bell housing containing a Shaefer clutch and flywheel.  The C6 is full manual with reverse pattern and one-off lockout, ratchet shifter.  I bought it from the guy that owned and ran a '65 Comet gasser up until the early '70s when the stroked, 427 SO bought the farm.  He said the Comet left the line at 6000 RPMs to run mid 11s.  This transmission never failed.

A very unique bit on drag racing nostalgia especially when it is for a FE.

hiball3985

I remember the Fluid Drive Chrysler products from the early fifties, auto trans with a clutch. I had a friend with a DeSoto that had one..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Rich sent you an email.......yahoo account.  I'll do a PM as well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

I wonder how they managed to get what looks like a standard shift input shaft onto that automatic tranny.

gasman826

For years, I had the same question...how was apply pressure supplied for the valve body, clutch packs, and servo.  The answer is just like any farm tractor with live power PTO shaft.  There are two shafts much like the AOD input shafts.  The main shaft runs off the clutch disc that replaces the torque convertor.  The outer shaft connects to the fingers of the pressure plate thus live power to the pump.  So, if the engine is running the pump is turning.  The bell housing, clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing are all standard components.

djfordmanjack

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-02-10 07:05
I remember the Fluid Drive Chrysler products from the early fifties, auto trans with a clutch. I had a friend with a DeSoto that had one..

like this one Jim?  :002: :003:

(I had to put some FomoCo iron in this post as well, before I am getting kicked out of here....)

Ecode70D

Günter
You need to explain where that red Desoto came from. Where have yo been hiding it?
Jay