News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Hugh, X2 what Rich said.  I-90 is pretty good in this area, however we got another blast last night. West of here is bad The passes are tough, had a couple more bad wrecks on Bozeman pass 2 days ago. Not sure what its like in Idaho and on. If you do decide  to go for it which ever way, you may want to pack a lunch.  I know we do things differently up here in the north country, but most commercial buildings all have some sort of back up power. The last big grocery store we built had 2 big generators, when the power goes off there is a time delay then they start automaticly.

mustang6984

Only until Saturday. Ned to get this mo e done...boat is the last thing to get...and I am heading out on that sojourn Saturday morning. Taking 40 to Barstow then up to Port Angeles from there.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Hasn't got UP to freezing for a week here, but it is supposed to start warming here tomorrow and be in the 50-60s this weekend.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Yep...which is why I'm heading out. Even would if it weren't. Snow just isn't a deterrent.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

No snow in the forecast so no excuse to stay home :003: The copilot/radio operator and I decided to head for the hills. Short 170 mile trip but a great day. Stopped for a break here.

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

fordrunner390

hi guys, just thought i would drop in to the forum and share the true story of my 57. i'm an old guy 76) and my story starts in 1967 in killeen texas. i was drafted into the us srmy in 1966 and after basic, was stationed at ford hood texas. one weekend me and a couple army buddies took the bus into killeen and were walking down town when i saw here. she was a 1957 ford fairlane 500 2drht 63a. car was all black with black and gold interior and it was in the front row of that car lot under those crystal clear string lites they used back then. i took one look at that car and fell deeply in love it was a d code 312 built at the dallas plant whaich i later found out closed in 1970. the car had 90,00 hard miles on it but still ran good and being a texas car had no rust in it's 10 years. i talked to the guy at the car lot and they wanted $300 dollars for the fairlane---i almost tore my back pocket off getting my wallet out, i bought here and she was mine. that was 53 years ago and i still have her and love here. i will tell more about my life with this wonderful ford later but i don't want to make this post too long-this car and i have been through a lot----fred (fordrunner 390)

Lgcustom

Well, welcome! Can't wait to hear more of the story. The Ford plant in Dallas was my first job after college. 1969-70 when it closed. I stayed with Ford till 1981. I have a '57 Custom built in Dallas that I found near Waco in 1999.But, let's hear your story.

RICH MUISE

Jim...always good to hear and see your road stories. That's some beautiful country you're at!
Fordrunner....I envy you guys that have had your rides for sooooo many years. Looking forward to the rest of the story.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

That's a great story .   I love to hear how guys keep their cars for a long time. How is the body holding up?

fordrunner390

fordrunner390 back again i live in lockport ny now and we just had a hellacious snow storm move through over a foot of snow and temps have be in the low 20s for the past two weeks. anyway,back to fort hood texas and my 57ford-i call her my "old girl". after i paid for her and got the paperwork i drove it back to the barracks at fort hood, i was in artillary and assigned to the 3/19 arty headquarters. when i pulled in the parking lot a bunch of my buddies came out to look at the car and give me their 2 cents worth. here is where it gets interesting-as i said the car was a d code 312 automatic, also had FACTORY SELECT AIR CONDITIONING which did not work,had a chrome continental kit,and dual rear radio antennas(not ford). all the guys pretty much liked the car so we all piled in to go for a ride on one of the tank trails out back-what a blast we had-back in those days if you had a fort hood sticker on your bumper and wore your fatigues, the mps didn't bother you. after about an hour of cruising we went back to the barracks and put the ford away for the night.there is so much more to let you guys know and i will bring all the details out as i go but i don't want to post for two long at a time. got a meeting at the american legion in a bit so i will post more tomorrow.   fred

Ecode70D

Rich
Thanks for fixing things up  and getting me working again.  The Y blocks site was suspended also.
Jay

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-02-20 10:19
No snow in the forecast so no excuse to stay home :003: The copilot/radio operator and I decided to head for the hills. Short 170 mile trip but a great day. Stopped for a break here.

Jim It just ain't right for you to be having all that sunshine and dry ground when the rest of the country is buried under snow day after
day with the weather lairs promising us more of it.  Actually I'm happy for you. Jay

fordrunner390

fordrunner 390 back again when i was stationed at ford hood, we usually got weekend passes and me and three buddies would either jump in my 57 or my buddy tom's 59 ford which was a 2dr ht with a 352 2bbl automatic and hit the road to austin and the gin mills for the weekend. many great times and we ran the interstate between austin and killeen texas the 57 had no problem running 75-80 mph back and forth. kept this up for the summer of 1967 into 1968 and one day in a bout of stupidity it blew the 312 up by over-revving it and acting stupid. tell you guys about the engine replacement and more in the next post-----fred

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-02-20 12:08
Jim...always good to hear and see your road stories. That's some beautiful country you're at!
Fordrunner....I envy you guys that have had your rides for sooooo many years. Looking forward to the rest of the story.
Thanks Rich, I hope you can get on the road soon and bring us some more stories..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2021-02-20 16:08

Jim It just ain't right for you to be having all that sunshine and dry ground when the rest of the country is buried under snow day after
day with the weather lairs promising us more of it.  Actually I'm happy for you. Jay
We sure pay the price for that sunshine  :005: and the insane way this state is run..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang