News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Finally some pics........
The first is a pic of my windshield washernozzle that John wanted to see. They are Chevy headlight washer nozzles, I can't remember what model (Camaro). I got them at the Chevy parts division of Classic Auto Parts in OKC.
The second is from my OK road trip this week. The big lake is Lake Lawtonka down below with Medicine Park at the right/south end. Pic is from Mt Scott in the Wichita Mtns Wildlife Preserve.
Third pic is at the Holy City of the Wichitas. 65 acres, lots of stone building replicas

here's an ebay listing for 4 nozzles, and another example of trying to survive today's prices on yesterday's income:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284107533564?epid=1136901660&hash=item422620ecfc:g:IvsAAOSwv7ZfzrV~
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich, Thanks for the information and the photo.
John

hiball3985

Thats looks like a great trip Rich, I'm jealous. I need to get on the road soon..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Yeah, me too, lol!
Maybe next weekend. I'm trying to decide if I should stay home and watch my $, or do a new Goodguys they are starting at the Texas Motor Speedway, or the annual Red River car show in NM. Later in June is the NSRA in Pueblo, CO.
I got my car back together enough yesterday to drive it to our weekly meeting on old 66. Weather wasn't too good, only about 6 of us. I found out I missed a car show yesterday........about 80 cars and only 1/4 mile from my house!!
John.........I see they are packaged in sets of 4..maybe I have 2 unused ones around, I'll check. I don't remember.
I need to get off my butt and change my avatar. That's the old house I rebuilt, haven't lived there for 5 years.

RICH MUISE

I did finish getting my car back together last week, but I need to do some re-aligning of the r fender.....got it too far back and it threw everything else off. So, what I got done:
No more heater hose leaks, at least for now.
I got my aftermarket horns replaced with a nice compact unit from my Lincoln donor car.
I found and fixed a rust issue with a parking lamp socket.
I built a dam around my A/C condenser to hopefully force more air thru it rather than around. Haven't really had a chance to see if it made for a better A/C cooling, but my engine temp went up about 3 or 4 degrees. The rise, in my case, is good because I was always running about 8-10 degrees below what is suppose to be a normal operating temp for the 4.6 of 206, which I'm still below.
I did another car show/road trip last weekend. I decided on the Red River, NM show because it's only once a year, It's in some beautiful mountains, and I can do another at the Texas Motor Speedway in September if I want. It's a fairly small show....120ish (?), but it draws big crowds all day long. It's in a treed park with lots of shade. There were at least 7 of us from Amarillo including my friend Gene with his black and yellow '57 2 dr hardtop. The elevation is 8650 ft, so I did have a tough time with my breathing issues. After a few restarts for the computer to adjust, my car ran great. I think it likes the altitude better than the 3600 where I live. Round trip mileage was about 740 miles, on 2 tanks of gas.

Wirenut

Rich, I think you deserve a "most miles driven award" I'm amazed at all of the travelling you do in your 57. I hope to put more miles on mine but dont ever imagine covering all the states you have.

mustang6984

Quote from: Wirenut on 2021-06-10 20:14
Rich, I think you deserve a "most miles driven award" I'm amazed at all of the travelling you do in your 57. I hope to put more miles on mine but dont ever imagine covering all the states you have.

If I can ever get done with all the side work of moving across the country and get back to mine...I pl;an on challenging him in that category when mine hits the road. I told my youngest that while he may well inherit it...there will be a need for a new motor! "But...you're putting a new one in it!" Yea...and I plan on driving it until it is in need of replacement! At least 100k...maybe more!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

That yellow '64 wagon in my second pic is a total survivor........oem paint, interior, etc, etc. Very nice car.
I've got 2 car shows this weekend in Amarillo....20 miles roundtrip, lol.
Hugh.........how's the Shell Knob/Brandon area for car shows? Been to any?

mustang6984

I have. There is a first Friday cruise in at a super little hamburger place about 20 minutes from the house, and a first Saturday one about 30 minutes away. Took the Chrysler to an all MOPAR show last weekend. Probably about 120 cars or so...at the Presley Show Palace on the main drag (hwy 76) through Branson...was nice.
There are some other shows during the summer as well...and one of my hot rod buddies has been running a show for about 20 years in September in Shell Knob...said he has around 10 cars each year. I think it would be nice if there were some '57 Fords there this year... :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

3 car shows in the 100 mile area today, but 99 degrees forecast at all of them, so a good day to stay home!

Ford Blue blood

Rich I like your "hot" a bunch more then my "hot"!  The 100+ in Copperas Cove is much more bearable then the 95 + 75% humidity!  Mind you I have never tried a street rod down there but the ol F150 with remote start helps make moving easier.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

definitely. The last time I checked humidity here it was @23 in my garage which is likely to be more humid than outside.
Ha, had no idea where Copperas Cove was, I was expecting it to be on a coast somewhere.

Ford Blue blood

Got a new Hot ROD!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I'm heading for Pueblo, Colorado tomorrow for the NSRA show. I think I'm just doing Saturday.......Looking forward to it, but have my fingers crossed on the projected rain. Hope to see Les there, maybe Rich K. (I wonder if he ever got his AOD set to his liking??)
Yesterday morning I went out to the garage to find my '57 had a flat back tire! No surprise, since half my housing tract is being re-roofed due to hail damage, the flat was from a roofing nail!! I had the car out a few days ago, and I thought the steering response was a little iffy.......went away with some air in the tire! Duh.
I just turned 50,000 miles on the odometer this week, my back tires have been on there since day one of the completion, and they don't look half worn.