News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

My spare steering wheel (loose nut), does the exact same thing, but I put my (installed) steering wheel in the lock position and couldn't budge it with substantial force (for an old man, lol). I even took the center cover off so I could get a visual and check the torque.
Thanks for the reply Gary...I'll give that adapter plate another look. I think 57imposter had an issue with that plate also. (wonder what happened to him??

The sun came out and it's the first Saturday of the month....the cruise should be a good one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Watching the news I noticed the flooding / torrential rain going on in Germany, Belgium was wondering how Guenter is making out in nearby Austria?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Apparently OK, thankfully. He did an update in the project builds today.

djfordmanjack

Thx for your concerns Randy. we are safe and well in southern Austria, despite of heavy rains, no damage so far. Western parts of Germany and as of yesterday evening, southern Germany and adjacent Austrian regions got it really bad, unfortunately. It had been very hot and dry for weeks, so I guess the ground wasn't able to soak the water enough. Apparently many communities have been built next to rivers in ancient times and outgrown their original safe areas.

RICH MUISE

The annual Polk Street Cruise in Amarillo is coming up August 7th!! It's a biggie and I'm really looking forward to it. Starts at 6 pm........hundreds of cars, thousands of spectators lining the streets of downtown.
The following weekend is an even bigger cruise in Vernon, Texas......"Summer's last blast". 2 weeks later the Goodguys in Alburquerque, then one of my my favorites......the "Run to the Inn of the Mountain Gods" in Ruidoso, NM.
Gonna be a great next 2 months.

OPPS!! Ruidoso isn't until October., LOL, I wasn't sure how I was gonna find $ to do all those weeks back to back anyways.

Ford Blue blood

Kinda quiet around here these past couple of days.  I hope all is well with folks.  I imagine most folks are out and about after the "forced isolation" of the past year.....me as well.  Been running and doing things we couldn't.

Getting ready to go on our "tech blackout" trip to WI.  Departing early Monday morning and be out for two weeks.  Should have access to a machine on Tuesday a week after our departure.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Yep, been very slow. I figured the same thing.....folks just busy. I've got a few projects to do on the '57, just can't get my butt in gear to get them done. Have a safe trip. Be careful with the new virus hotspots popping up all over.
BTW, any suggested gaskets for the main center section on our '57s? Mine is starting to leak. I guess that's the silver lining of waiting to get my bearing/seals replaced..........I'll get 'um done all at the same time. I have to also replace one rear caliper while we've got things apart, and got that in yesterday. Monday I'm going to go see when my mechanic can pull an axel to find out what I need for seals/bearings.
Interesting note........I checked with Summit to find out for sure what calipers were in the kit I bought way back when. I thought I remembered 88 T-Bird, but wanted to verify. Stainless Brake Corp that made the kit, I found out in no longer in business, but Summit was able to do some tracking and came back with '88 Lincoln for the caliper replacement. I double-checked the PNs, and they are the same T-Bird vs Lincoln, but it took me a while to figure out the Lincoln part of it because I couldn't find any listings for rear 88 lincoln calipers. Then I went back and figured out Mark VIIs (?) and Towncars apparently still had the drum setups in the back, but the Continentals had 4 wheel disc. It's those Continental calipers that are the same as T-Birds.

gasman826

out getting toilet paper to get ready for the next round!

gasman826

9s are kind of finicky about leaks.  Could be housing to center gasket, pinion seal, pinion threads, pinion support o-ring, and/or housing studs. 

RICH MUISE

Quote from: gasman826 on 2021-07-24 09:54
LOL.........we did that 6 months ago. (6) 45 packs of TP and 4 of paper towels, a few kleenex, etc. Not to mention 8 or 10 boxes of masks, and a few of gloves. Didn't feel bad about stocking up when the stores were full.

Guess I need to find a blowup of components, and figure what is oem and what's aftermarket. (Probably just the housing to center gasket oem.)

lalessi1

Quote from: gasman826 on 2021-07-24 09:54

That's funny! It would be funnier if it wasn't the truth...
Lynn

gasman826

I was feeling a little pouty this morning.  We were planning on attending our high school alumni reunion.  This was the first we would have attended in more than 45 years.  We don't care to attend alumni reunions because of a history of too many speeches and too many awards and too much 'entertainment'.  We seldom miss a class reunion because there is little to no format...just classmates talking and catching up.  This years alumni format (due to Covid recommendations when plans were made) was to be an outside venue with multiple tents and more of a barbecue, informal atmosphere.  Well, our neighbor just informed us that they both had confirmed Covid and with sever storm warnings, the venue has been moved into the gymnasium (not gym).  With us trapped inside, a long evening of formal entertainment (speeches) is anticipated.  Between being 'typhoid Marys', storm warnings, lack of social distancing, and promise of formal entertainment, we have decided to hit the drive through barbecue and liquor store and have dinner on the patio.

RICH MUISE

So I guess it's safe to assume you haven't strayed far from your shooling areas.

gasman826

The wife and I graduated from the same high school and still live in the same county.  Her older sister and sister's husband also graduated from that same high school but live part of the year about 40 miles away and the rest of the year in South Carolina.  Between the four of us, we cover about 10 years in that high school from a town of about 2800.  We know many of each others classmates and/or their families.   Unfortunately, at our ages, a social gathering usually includes a funeral...not so many weddings or graduation celebrations anymore.

RICH MUISE

Small towns are so awesome. I grew up in a town in Mass, population 3400 back then. Amazing how lives get intertwined. On my trip to Florida this past March, I visited with 3 people from Acton that I grew up with.