News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2021-08-18 10:20
Rich,
We were shopping online for a new refrigerator this week and I noticed that some of the models were WiFi.  I skipped past those, since they were mucho expensive.  I know that we are old, but what in the world does an ice box or washing machine need WiFi for?

James

I'm thinking your washer or dryer could notify your phone when it's finished it's cycle. Could be handy I guess.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Probably going to be like cellphones and computers...20 years from now folks will be wondering how we ever got along without.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I REFUSE to purchase ANY appliance with WI-FI. All I (or anyone else) need is for some 14 year old punk to hack my stuff and mess with it.  No one has had that kind of tech over the last 100 years...and things worked fine.

Oh...and NO Ford should EVER have a bow-tie in it...Model T bucket on up...UGH! Ruin a perfectly good collection of sheet metal!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-08-18 21:34
I REFUSE to purchase ANY appliance with WI-FI. All I (or anyone else) need is for some 14 year old punk to hack my stuff and mess with it.  No one has had that kind of tech over the last 100 years...and things worked fine.

Oh...and NO Ford should EVER have a bow-tie in it...Model T bucket on up...UGH! Ruin a perfectly good collection of sheet metal!

Agree and AGREE.  When I'm looking through Craigslist and see a car of interest (Ford) but then see it has a 350 in it, I just close and go to the next one.  Sad that they have corrupted an otherwise good car.

JimNolan

I can understand people's feelings about New Tech. New Tech isn't the problem per-se. It's the people. When I was growing up I read a news interview they had with a bank robber in Kentucky. They asked him why he tried to rob a bank with an empty gun. He said " what if I had got excited and shot someone, I couldn't live with myself if I'd done that". Today, they kill witnesses. It's sort of like eating at McDonald's. I won't eat at one where I think certain people will might spit a hooker into my sandwich while making it just because I'm white. It ain't Technology, it's people. And the more we coddle bad people the worse it's going to get.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

All that stuff aside..........regarding "it's the people".......JIM !!! great to see you back. We've missed you. I actually saw some posts and a pic from you elsewhere (Facebook?) recently, so I knew you were still alive.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: JimNolan on 2021-08-19 06:41
And the more we coddle bad people the worse it's going to get.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                        Absolutely!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

JimNolan

Rich, I'm still alive. Just barely. Still driving my 57 but not as much as the 63 w/AC. It's been hot up here in cold country this year. I took the built 410 out of the 57 and put it in the 63. Now the 57 has a 320hp 390ci and I'm not shaking the fenders off it anymore. If fact, I haven't spun tires over on it since I put in the 390 engine. It's still nice and fun to drive. Hope everything is OK with you guys. It's been a terrible last couple of years on getting out it seems.

geraldchainsaw

Jim Nolan ,   forgot you were even on this forum,   your right,  been a bad 2 years,  want to sell that steering wheel out of the 57 yet,    jerry

JimNolan

Jerry, Yes, I'll sell you one. The original one I had cut down in Australia I hate to part with after spending so much money on getting it. The Con2R like the one I'm using now but with a little more dish I'll take 1/2 of what I paid for it plus shipping.

alvin stadel

Jim, it is good to hear from you again. I glad to hear you still have the 57 you got out of Mt. I thought you may be toes up. Glad you are back, this is a good forum, but new blood is always welcome. Take care, Alvin

JimNolan

Alvin, makes me feel good you remembered me and that my 57 came from White Fish, MT. I'll try to keep up with the Forum better. Not been doing to good as far as health but I can still type and use a computer. My 57 will be with me until I leave this earth. And, I don't abuse it drag racing any more even though that was lots of fun going to different states drag racing.

djfordmanjack

djfordmanjack

gasman826

Birthday present to self.