News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Hey! Paid for the trip and a little to put away toward the next one! Nice work!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Hit a local little show here(only 60 miles away), door prize paid for the gas and entry fee.  Great day all the way around.  Nice to be back in the saddle again!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Next show for me may be really coming up quick. The run to the Inn of the Mountain Gods is this weekend, and the Saturday rain forecast changed from 45% to 15%!
I was browsing the parts vendors at Goodguys and checked out the Scoggin-Dickey (sp?) booth. They are a new car dealer in Lubbock with a big-time racing parts division. One that caught my eye was one for the Chevy guys..........check the first line of the text......
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Very nice, we had a show here this Sunday also, but our food truck didn't blow up, although after eating there, it probably should have. :003:

Took the '39 to the "All Ford" show and managed to take first place in the Antique class. Kind of a weird show, antique class was labeled as "Antique up to 1980"  :dontknow:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

jviera

Joe looking good and congratulations JohnV

RICH MUISE

Congrats..well deserved. "1980 antique"........kinda hard getting my head wrapped around that. I do remember when I was a kid someone explaining that a car/object had to be at least 25 years old to be considered an antique. Seemed about right to someone barely in their teens. New cars, say 1960, and an antique would be 1935......that's only 25 years, but a '35 in 1960 definitely felt like an antique. On the flip side, a few weeks ago I looked at a Jaquar xj something. The beautiful fastback looked like it just rolled out of the factory. The owner was out driving it for the first time in a year. He said it only had 32k miles on it. Looked like a new car.....then he told me it was an '86. whoa! that car was 35 years old!! Hard to consider it an antique.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Congrats Joe...well deserved.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Thanks guys, I'm right there with ya', apparently we're officially old when we don't think a 1980 is an antique.  :grandpaSimpson:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hiball3985

80's as antiques doesn't resister with me either. I always thought of 80's cars as crap  and still do  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-09-29 08:09
80's as antiques doesn't resister with me either. I always thought of 80's cars as crap  and still do  :003:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                       :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

top statement, Jim.... :003:

My personal calendar in automotive and music ends ca 1967. exceptions prove the rule.

59meteor

Well,I guess that I must also be officially "old" as well! Here in Nova Scotia Canada, we have "antique" license plates, that are available to any car truck in somewhat decent condition, that is 30 years of age,  or older. I have them on my 59 Meteor, but I must admit, seeing antique plates on a 1990 Taurus, or a 89 Hyundai just seems strange.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

mustang6984

Seeing antique plates on a Taurus or Hyundai is not only strange...it is just plain wrong! UGH! :hmh:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Quote from: 59meteor on 2021-10-02 07:30
Well,I guess that I must also be officially "old" as well! Here in Nova Scotia Canada, we have "antique" license plates, that are available to any car truck in somewhat decent condition, that is 30 years of age,  or older. I have them on my 59 Meteor, but I must admit, seeing antique plates on a 1990 Taurus, or a 89 Hyundai just seems strange.

As you know Rory it's 25 years here in BC. So only 3 years to go on my 1999 F-350 S/D. Crazy, I know, but I'll take advantage of it for sure.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

59meteor

Randy, If I was still in BC, I would likely apply for the collector plates for my 99 F350 Dually as well, although not sure if that would prevent me from using the truck for towing my enclosed car trailer still. Unlike BC, where even an aftermarket radio, or the incorrect wheels or hub caps can prevent you from getting the Collector plates, no such restrictions here in Nova Scotia. My buddy has a 74 Mercury Capri, with a 347 SB Ford, 5 speed, 9" rearend, and aluminum slot wheels, he has had the Antique plates for years.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.