News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-01-29 09:41
Ditto on restaurants. There are some I just don't go to anymore...Outback being one. Music is is way too loud...and the other noises from within are just deafening...making it impossible to hold a conversation. Overpriced too anyhow. I find as I get older...I like my peace and quiet more.
Amen! Even our favorite Mexican restaurant now we just order and take it home..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

alvin stadel

Joe, Rich is right on, I have been watching your weather map , and glad it is not in my area. So go plow, push and shovel  that white crap then head for that nice new heated shop, turn on the tunes, open a cold beer and just do some car things. I really don't know you but I bet you are a lot like me, thank god for the heated shop and a place to hice out, and enjoy. Take care, Alvin

gasman826

We did not go out for Friday Date Night.  Ordered soup and sandwich from deli.  $3.99 upcharge for delivery.  What a deal!

RICH MUISE

Jay and Joe are both getting hit hard. Jay lives in a town adjacent to Plymouth, which has been pinpointed on the news w/  60+ mph winds, heavy snow. Joe is about 25 miles sw of Jay a town right on the coast. Reports of tens of thous. people losing power, so I don't imagine we'll hear anything from them for a few days.
Noisy restaurants?..........one of the advantages of wearing hearing aids.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Jay wrote me this morning and said it was very windy, but still not that much snow. weather liars predict up to 28 inches. I am glad that they have an APU and they have a manual wood stove in the basement. So I know they will be good even if they lose power on and off. their house is from 1956 ( I think) and held up very well to previous storms. their taller trees are to the back of the house. I'll post if I hear any news.

Rich, Joe is SE of Jays place. Ask an Austrian about your old home state, good ole MASS !  :002: :003:

RICH MUISE

"Rich, Joe is SE of Jays place. Ask an Austrian about your old home state, good ole MASS"...........I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure I was correct. He's in the Fairhaven area.

59meteor

I`m Northeast of Boston a fair bit, we got about 10"s of snow today, with some wind, the lights flickered a few times, but didn`t need to fire up the generator. If there is a bright side, at least it didn`t hit during a weekday! I can imagine that a major city like Boston would be a real traffic nightmare with such a large amount of snow.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

djfordmanjack

I stand corrected Rich! If Joe really is in the Fairhaven area, that clearly is SW of Jay's place. I do apologize. I thought Joe was closer to Cape Cod.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-01-29 17:27
"Rich, Joe is SE of Jays place. Ask an Austrian about your old home state, good ole MASS"...........I'll have to look again, but I'm pretty sure I was correct. He's in the Fairhaven area.

djfordmanjack

Jay just sent me this pic out their breezeway door.... woah....looks like Switzerland to me, not MASS ! The amount of snow they get in New England is insane. But Jay says they are good and never lost their power. all seems well and the snow is said to melt this week already.

mustang6984

Looks like northern MI at times...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

57chero

How do you put your location under the join date on the over on the left side, I think it's nice to see where guys are from when you read about what's going on or post a reply about a want add or for sale, I'm in Oregon where it was 54 degrees and sunny this weekend so I went out and cut the grass.

57chero

57chero

Got the location, wouldn't let me put a picture because it isn't an avatar or to large.

mustang6984

Quote from: 57chero on 2022-01-30 19:29
Got the location, wouldn't let me put a picture because it isn't an avatar or to large.

Do you know how to make the pic "smaller"? If not I can do it for you and send it back.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I think for the avatar, it has to be only about 100 thingamajigers.