News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

We have another 2-1/2 day classic car/RocknRoll show scheduled for this weekend, about 40 miles south. Very nice annual show that has been postponed for 2 years now. I was again invited to be a DJ but declined this year, so I can see more cars and music myself. Being on stage can be very busy sometimes. Todays weather forecast is pretty humid with the occasional thunderstorm, so I will probably drive down the 57 only tomorrow. My friend Lothar is driving down from Germany in his '56 N*mad, so hopefully will get to park our cars next to each other and take some nice pics again. Let's see if his longroof dog will also be submissive or if there will be some major barking and fighting hahaha... :003:

RICH MUISE

I wish there was more going on in this area.......July and August is generally too hot here......been in the 100's for 3 or 4 weeks now......so not much is ever sheduled, but I'm looking. PICS YOU KNOW WILL BE APPRECIATED!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Looking forward to the pictures G.
The high temps here has prevented me from road trips and local shows. I finally fixed my turntable which had been broken down for the last year so I'm the home DJ now  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Thumbs UP on the turntable! Awesome pics Guenter, thanks! Rich, x2 on the heat...
Lynn

Fairlane62

Let's see if his longroof dog will also be submissive or if there will be some major barking and fighting hahaha... :003:
[/quote]

The Chevies are usually Alle bellen.   :003:

Contibob

The Mark II definitely stood out for me. I have a Black 57 with a white leather with burgundy piping, carpet, dash.....
Yours of course is the other stand out. Do you have extra lenses over the headlights?

KYBlueOval

I have a MarkII part on my '57 Ranchero. I bought a MarkII dome light, exactly like the one shown in post #850 on E-bay. A really well made piece,and it has a real glass lens, which I thought was unusual.
John

djfordmanjack

at least no bites... :002:  :003:

djfordmanjack

Bob, if you are referring to my 57 CS, yes there are plastic headlight covers over the H4 units. We must not use sealed beams in Austria, so the 7" H4 units I bought from a British car supplier and they have a nice original crown in the glass. But I found these acrylic glass covers in Australia, where they are used on trucks to prevent bugs, birds and stones damaging the headlight glass. I liked the look so much, I know that many people dislike the original protruding of the 57 headlights, But I think it looks cute and I wanted to even exaggerate the look.

your MkII sounds like an gorgeous color combo. Maybe you could post some pics in the 'Old Ford pics' topic ?

Quote from: Contibob on 2022-07-16 23:10The Mark II definitely stood out for me. I have a Black 57 with a white leather with burgundy piping, carpet, dash.....
Yours of course is the other stand out. Do you have extra lenses over the headlights?

djfordmanjack

So, last weekend was really nice. Met lots of old friends, saw lots of cool cars, and got to listen to some great Rock n Roll music. There was a band from Spain, and the (23yo) female singer and guitarist La Perra Blanco really rocked the stage. I haven't seen a girl play such a wild rockabilly guitar before. The band was chock full of energy and the crowd was going wild. Great upright bass player as well.

Here's a video link ( live was even much better than this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBnK_LlGDM8

Here are some pics of the cars, ahem...that is lots of off topic stuff there.....please forgive me. I'll show them anyways, because looking at them makes our Fords look even better ! :003: 

There is a great story on the 57 Cheap-roll-at panel. The PAN-EL57 is NOT a personalized plate! Mario lives in Germany and he knows a few guys, so it happened to him, that he found the correct regional code (PAN stands for Pfarrkirchen, a small community in Bavaria). The plate is an official and legal German plate. I guess if you wait long enough the correct lettering and numbers will show up. Nice ! :002:

[/quote]

djfordmanjack

Friday night out downtown with the boys. Got a parking space right in front of our favorite club, a cafe located in a 19th century brick/stone building surrounded by 1000 yo ancient walls. Had 95degrees daytime and sweet nighttime all windows open cruise mode temperatures...thank God it is summer again after 2 lost years. :003:

hiball3985

Great to see you out and about with the wagon  :003: How are the fuel prices over there?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I think Gunter posted before that gas was about 9 bucks a gallon......!!! It has been going down here. After a high of 4.59, I paid 3.84 yesterday for reg. The midgrade I use in the '57 is @ 4.19 currently
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

gas is down to $8 per gln, so nearly a bargain. :003:
Time for another trip out to my parents countryside house.
The Scottish highland cattle are property of my uncle/cousin. (but a local Austrian breed of course). They love to be around the Country Sedan obviously... :002:

KULTULZ

Why is EURO gasoline so expensive? You guys have NORTH SHORE and N. AFRICA oil. It has always been this way it seems (post-war). Is it taxes or product source price?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN