News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

carbs

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2022-09-03 23:14

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

where can I find carbs?,  looking for a holley 650 double pumper, with electric choke,    thanks    jerry

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

Holley doesn't make an electric choke D/P carburetor. Brawler, Demon or Quick fuel.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Curious, why a double pumper?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

SkylinerRon

Why? To wash out the rings and plugs on the street of course!

lalessi1

Quote from: rmk57 on 2022-09-04 09:13Holley doesn't make an electric choke D/P carburetor. Brawler, Demon or Quick fuel.

They do make an electric choke kit, I put one on my 850 double pumper...
Lynn

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i'm not as sharp as alot of guys about cars or motors,  but,  all I've heard is that I have a double pumper,  my friends have double pumpers,  an even someone  on this posting mentions a double pumper,  other then  that, if holley dosen'tmake a electric choke,  whats that black round thing on the side with 2 wires going to it, thats adjustable? 

John Palmer

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2022-09-09 00:41Why? To wash out the rings and plugs on the street of course!

LOL

Fairlane62

Holley part# 0-4777SAE

SkylinerRon

A double pumper has the second accelerator pump on the bottom of the rear float bowl and the linkage for it is on the passenger side of the carb as mounted on the car.(not to be confused with the vacuum secondary actuator)

I don't a pic of one handy but,

One sure sign of a d/p is 3-5 mpg and fouled plugs on the street.

They are generally used on high rpm race applications that are on the secondaries most of the time.

Ron.

Fairlane62

Gerald,
The Holley part number I gave previously is for a double pumper with electric choke.

James

lalessi1

Gerald,

If you have a relatively stock engine a double pumper is not necessarily a good thing. A double pumper carb has mechanically opened secondaries. In order prevent a lean stall there is an extra pair of accelerator pumps that pump gas into the opening secondaries. Most 4 bbl carbs have vacuum opened secondaries that open more slowly as demanded by the engine. That is what the 4 bbl cars had from the factory. These carbs only have 2 accelerator pumps and not 4 like the double pumpers. The extra pumps put gas into the engine and can cause an over rich condition because they do so based on throttle movement rather than engine demand.
Lynn

Fairlane62

I have double pumper's on my street/strip cars, but went with a vacuum secondary on my 58 that is intended to be more of a cruiser.  The older vacuum secondary Holly's were a pain to get the secondaries set since you had to change diaphragm springs to obtain the correct "tip in" from the secondaries, but the new Brawler series have an adjustable diaphragm which make it simpler.  The car still ran an 8.17 8th mile which converts to high 12s in the 1/4 mile.  So a vacuum secondary can provide good performance for a daily driver.

James