News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Check This Out!!!

Started by lalessi1, 2023-01-25 19:46

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Super car, but at what point is it just another all new car? restomod.
 The chassis is an Art Morrison. so everything under is completely different.

Looks like they solved the GM Column to 57 Steering wheel trick.
I would be doing atleast 3 point seatbelt, if its meant to be a semi-track race car.

But yeah super car! It will just make 300's harder to find.

I wonder if after all that, did they do the did the do the telescoping hood shocks?
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

Even the description text calls it a "custom", then shortly after, calls it a Custom 300. Be interesting to see the vin tag to see which it was initially. Very very nice car, I've seen nicer (IMHO) for 1/2 the selling price (185k)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

I don't know.... maybe it's only me, but I don't really find this thing appealing much. Can totally appreciate all of the many hours of labor that they put in it, but the front wheels and tires are hideous- they ruin the look of the car. Not so fond of the stance either. The body doesn't seem straight enough for a 350k car. Why would they put an F code plate on the back, only to find a modern engine under the hood. Mecum doesn't know much about our cars, as they say the valve covers are painted orange in reminiscence of the old Y block.....I have yet to see an orange Y block valve cover....I mean they tried to make it look neat, which it does. But it looks more like an early Mopar Hemi than anything Y block Ford (except the decal). The heater control panel seems to have pittings and why in the world would such a 'delete' model car have a factory radio... again...just my 2 cts.
If this car is worth 350k, Jeffs Customs must be worth 700k ! ( each)... :003:

Jeff Norwell

Not a fan.... at all.
Lynn.. your car is a favourite of mine... and I would take it 1000x over that car..... that has been eaten up by a Streetrodder with too much money.
Too me(and its just my opinion).. it has no soul.

I do admire the workmanship and finish... outstanding..... but its not my cup of tea.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

FiveSevenLiter

As a founding member of the 'Critiques' I would scrap the bumper gaurds, the chrome trim on the taillights, wheels gotta go, and put a lighter tutone on it.  It does have potential.
The guy that owned it is the founder of Whataburger restaurants in Texas, has/had a pile of cars.
T/F
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

abe_lugo

I forgot to mention that dash panel insert not being custom! 

BTW did anyone end up buying the Custom side trim set that showed up on ebay for 75.00 complete? I looked at it and it was gone within 30mins.

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2023-01-26 11:02Not a fan.... at all.
Lynn.. your car is a favourite of mine... and I would take it 1000x over that car..... that has been eaten up by a Streetrodder with too much money.
Too me(and its just my opinion).. it has no soul.

I do admire the workmanship and finish... outstanding..... but its not my cup of tea.

Thanks Jeff!

I thought it was AWESOME to see a Custom go for that kind of money (honey, our stock just went up!). I like the car in the sense that for a restomod it was basically stock on the outside, that is to my taste (unlike Kindig's cars for example). I looked at other prices at Kissimee and they were over the moon ridiculous. I just had to post this... :burnout:
Lynn

cokefirst

I agree that it is not my thing and not something I would want but I do appreciate the craftmanship that went into this.  Maybe I am luck that I am not a fan, I couldn't afford it anyway!!
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

djfordmanjack

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2023-01-26 17:35I looked at other prices at Kissimee and they were over the moon ridiculous.

As a side note Lynn. Did you see the 1955 Chrysler GHIA cpe sold for 700k.
This may sound like bragging, but it is no joke. One of my very long time close friends here in Austria is restoring the sister car. They only built a very, very limited number of these cars, I think 8 or so ?
This is my friend's Ghia and is currently receiving a bare metal resto. It has spent all of it's life in Switzerland and Austria.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-539729/1955-chrysler-ghia-st-special/?utm_campaign=FL23&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=242978443&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--uNICQ2jTYwk-i1wLN8q0R0o_yNNPx7utS91slAupuzLpywyQTvKBIfbdf23g4vm4EyfVbRLcHtORDnJtSaQp_gmcoNA&utm_content=242978443&utm_source=hs_email

lalessi1

I did see that! In fact I remember those cars well! Italian design, hemi powered, so cool. My dad was in the hotrod scene in the early 50's. One of my early car memories was of a "new" burnt Cadillac on a trailer in our driveway. Daddy used the engine and put it in a '55 Studebaker... a "Studillac" was born. Dad sold speed equipment out of the garage and one of his customers was Johnny Ramistella, better known as "Johnny Rivers". I had EVERY issue of HOTROD magazine from the first one in '48 ('49?) to the mid sixties and I studied those. My Dad also had the first Playboy magazine with Marilyn Monroe on the cover (best I remember)! I studied that one too! LOl!  :004:
Lynn

abe_lugo

Wow I had no idea those Ghias were that pricey.  I have seen a few come to the old Road Kings car show in Burbank and they just kind of park and leave them. 

djfordmanjack

Not all 55 letter car Coupes are Ghias ! there is of course a large production number factory built coupe ( with a 331 Hemi, I think) which there are plenty left of them.

The Chrysler Ghias spoken above was just a handful of cars coachbuilt actually by GHIA bodyworks in Italy/Europe. Some of them never made it to the USA. the golden car from Mecum was found in Paris, France, before it underwent a full blown resto.
Ghia also designed another 'dreamcar' for 1956. the infamous Chrysler Norseman, also built by Ghia in Italy.
It preceded the 1966 Charger Fastback design by 10 years !
Unfortunately it sank to the bottom of the ocean in the Andrea Dorea incident in '56. It never reached the US. It's a pity because it was a milestone 1950s dreamcar ( imho). That would make a cool Matchbox, release , Abe !

I am getting way off topic here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Norseman

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2023-01-28 04:28I am getting way off topic here...

Off topic works for me, always interesting and fun to read  :002:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang