News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

57chero

No inspections here in Oregon, find a license plate that would have come on your car, the DMV checks to make sure it's out of circulation you only need one to run on the back then you get a permanent registration for a $100 and never have to renew it. There is a mileage limit, but I don't even get close.

djfordmanjack

you guys have me tearing up.... :005:  no wonder the car hobby is so much more present in most of the States. Our inspections are incredibly strict ! they make no difference between a new car and an old one. It is a full on technical and safety inspection which takes more than an hour, It's a 2 page list. printed and also forwarded to state and European Union officials via internet. Everything digital lately. they have started banning patina type cars. I am not talking about rat rods. Some do not accept flat paint. My 57CS is very hard on the edge of being outruled, because it doesn't shine enough. I am not kidding....
Luckily this inspector person is very knowledgable about vintage cars and so he checks suspension with actual breaker bar for loose parts. He accepts rubber bushings that have light cracks around the perimeter, if the bushing is sound and tight. Usually light cracks are a No Go, which means that you have to replace them every 3 years with the modern aftermarket bubbelgum stuff. I could go on and on, but.....I got the sticker and she passed nicely...so that's all that counts  :003: ( but it always takes quite some efforts)....

gasman826

I just had a visit from Trev and friends.  Trev bought the Raunch Wagon and shipped it to New Zealand.  A small portion of our discussions delved into New Zealand's Customs and vehicle inspection.  The Raunch Wagon just about made Customs and the inspectors crap themselves.  DOT headlights don't mean a thing in NZ.  The headlights had to be changed to right hand drive headlights.  The Drag Masters had to go.  The 408W and AOD swap was really scrutinized but passed.  There were other things changed to make it fly in NZ.  I asked him about my Custom.  With ninety percent of the car custom, he said it could be a challenge for it to ever see a NZ road.  I said that it would be such a waste...he smiled and said 'yes, but we would put all the rejected parts on their cars!'

mustang6984

I have thought about the antique or historical plates. But in MO they make you keep a log in the car with mileage history. Restricted to 1500 a year. I can put that much on in one trip. So...no fancy plates for me.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

I have the same thing on the 36.  I did drive it to work, we made several thousand mile trips with the kids for vacations.  Just didn't want the hassle with the police if they got a bug up their behinder.  Our tag renewal is very reasonable, they do add a "wheel tax" ($19.00 for the 36) to the tag price but it is easy to absorb.  The rest of the herd had antique plates on them as they were never driven like the 36 was/is.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

The Country Sedan is now Norwell equipped.  :canada:
Hop up by Norwell. or is it Norwell featured by Hop Up ?  :003:

Anyways, loving the sticker !

Fairlane62

Hmmm, Outrunnin since 1951.  I like that since I was born in 1951.

We have no vehicle inspections in Oklahoma whatsoever.  Definitely makes it nice for our hobby.

djfordmanjack

If you like it enough to put one on your own car you can order from Hop Up ($3 each):

https://www.hopupmagazine.com/shop/roadster-sticker-6rml7-t4pnl-ga84a

Jeff's artwork is hilarious, as always. Also like the double meaning of Out, running.... or outrunning...  :003:

1930artdeco

Think I can get one with 1970 on the sticker?
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

djfordmanjack

I guess they're only available with 1951, unless Jeff decides to put out other years. This rendering design may now be Hop Up's own.
1951 refers to the first year of Hop Up Magazine publication. July/August , 1951.

djfordmanjack

Sun is out, and a local car meet scheduled !
Still can't believe it worked out today, but it did. Nice temps in mid 80s, the local car club offered a rather small in promptu car meeting, more of a mid day event at a local football (soccer) field. Burgers and soft drinks or coffee, throwing crankshafts (winner of the day about 6 yards), 1950s to 1970s Rock and Roll type music DJ, meeting old friends and everybody having a good time ... small location for about 75 or so cars was cramped (separate visitors lot, where many attending vintage cars also parked), but always some new coming, while others were leaving. It was a real great turn out, especially 1950s and 1960s cars.

57 4dr wagons were parked opposing sides. I already know the winner...That 'OTHER' one looked like a IH tractor with a weather shelter on top....hahaha

CobraJoe

Very cool! Nice to see vintage American Iron rolling around Europe.  :thumbsup:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Yeah, what Joe said. I think it's pretty awesome. Where do you guys on the other side of the pond buy your cars from?.......anywhere in particular?
I know you are such a stickler for correct English (I'm obviously not), otherwise, I wouldn't have mentioned it.........it's impromptu.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Glad you all like it, it was a nice little gathering !
You have to remember that here in Austria we have a small but very strong following of American iron, which started right after the war (check out my og Austrian 1950 Ford sales brochure here: https://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7503.msg95147#msg95147 )

Up until the 70s or rather mid to late 80s, most all of those cars were original imports in YOM, many having smaller L6 engines, km p h speedometers, many being imported from CAN rather than the US and some even CKD  ( completely knocked down) kits that were assembled in European plants like in Belgium or Switzerland, or even prewar Germany ( before ca 1930-33ish).
So that meant that US car survivors were very, very special to early collectors. Importing cars and ordering parts became easier in the late 1980s, with fax orders and more reasonable air mail. Bringing in classic cars from the States became a trend in the mid 1990s, that went crazy after 2008, when the $-€ exchange rate shifted more to our favor. That's when lots of even 4dr sedans or late model vans got shipped over, as storage boxes for bulky spare parts. So we now have an abundance of less loved models, sometimes cheaper than on your side of the pond. 2020 brought most all of that to a halt. Postage rates increased by several 100% since, and tax and custom fees are always calculated on parts price PLUS shipping cost....go figure...
Maybe it's not even such a bad thing, since  these cars are maybe getting more love over here again. At some point a few years ago, it seemed every other mo*on would buy a car online, have it shipped for cheap and then just leave it rotting away, when they found out they couldn't register them because of the strict tech and safety inspection.

Thank you Rich, impromptu sounds better! something felt wrong anyways. reason for me writing it that way, it is the original Latin version, in promptu, On the spot- right there. like i.e. means id est . It is. Many latin words are still used in many languages around the world. I was lucky (or not) to have 7 years of Latin in school, and it helps me a lot in understanding foreign (to me) languages.