News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Location for ps cooler

Started by terry_208, 2024-06-21 00:37

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

I'm trying to figure a place for the ps cooler.  Normally, the ps wouldn't require a cooler but I'm using a hydra-boost brake booster.

I'm considering above and forward of the left front tire.  Does anyone foresee a problem with this location?  It will require a shield to prevent road debris damage. 
Terry

mustang6984

Would it fit to one side of the grill off to the side of the radiator?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

Would it fit on the top of the panel that is behind the grill below the headlight? You could add a vent hole(s) in that. I have a cold air intake on that panel (on the right side)
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Terry, I added one for the same reason..also using a hydroboost. I installed mine in front of my AC condenser, which of course is in front of the radiator.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

A PS cooler of that size can be mounted anywhere that is convenient.  It does not need to be in front of the radiator.  FOMOCO made several PS coolers out of a loop of steel tubing tucked along the frame.  All my cars have hydraulic boosters and manual transmissions but I still order radiators with transmission coolers.  I plumb the PS through the transmission cooler.

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2024-06-21 09:04All my cars have hydraulic boosters and manual transmissions but I still order radiators with transmission coolers.  I plumb the PS through the transmission cooler.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent idea!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

All great ideas! Thanks for the replies.  I'll look into running it through the radiator as I am running a 3 spd o/d, for now. I don't have the fender or panels under the headlights mounted.
Terry