News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A NEWWWW CAR, COME ON DOWN

Started by JimNolan, 2009-11-08 16:52

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Fordnut,
    I've been waiting on you. What is the backspacing on the 275/60/15 that you are using in the rear. This is the exact size tire and 8 inch rim I figured I would need. As far as the wrong forum, we've paid our dues. I was hoping to get advice from John on what to put on the car. He has probably had all kinds of experience trying everything there is to try on a heavy car. I'm only going to be putting out about 350 hp at the flywheel so it's not like I'm going to needing wheelie bars anyway. But, I still need you guys to point me in the right direction. Thanks, Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

15s are good enough for back then, good enough for now.  Nice choice of rollers, Jim...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

FORDNUT

Jim, sorry about the delay, but I got back in town last night and I have been wading through the email. Some of these deals from our friends overseas are tough to turn down. It might help their cause if they could write/speak our language. The backspace on the rears is 4 1/4. Nice part of the tire wheel combo is that you jack it up by the frame as high as you can and the tire/wheel slides on.  No need to drop a shock or twist the tire out from under the fender. And it looks great.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

JimNolan

FordNut,
    Thanks for the information. Hopefully the car will get here soon. I've installed the Griffin Radiator in my 57 ( Beautiful ). I also started up the new 390 I built on the test stand ( seems to run well w/18 inches manifold pressure at idle ). Now, I'm ready to start playing with the 63 when it gets here. I need to call Paul Johnson ( if he's speaking to me ) and get him to come down and get the transmission he wanted to buy from me. I backed out of the deal in hopes I'd find another 57 I might use it in. Well, that ain't going to happen. I wouldn't blame him if he told me where to stick it. Anyway, need something to work on besides the 57 for awhile. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.