News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

PhotoShoping your car for ideas

Started by 57AGIN, 2011-02-19 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

bossguy

Zap, I don't want to hijack this thread but 3M makes a film that looks like the surface of a golf ball its used on planes to improve drag resistance and fuel economy. The hull of Americas cup yachts also sports that finish. It helps them slip through the water quicker. I don't follow Nascar too much anymore buy I saw a Roush car in a film clip when they were putting the hood pins in. It also appeared to have that finish? Penske may have been on to something!

57AGIN

I referred to my 57 having just received it's first coat of primer in another post.  Well, here it is, in all it's de-bondo'd, rust removed, pounded out, skim coated and finally primered state.  Santini indicated there will probably be at least two more coats of primer, blocked between each coat before the first color goes onto the car.  With the car show season in full swing, I'm really getting anxious to see how it's going to turn out.  Oh well, reassembly followed by re-upholstery, maybe by August.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Looking great, and while some could care less what our underwear looks like on our cars it truly makes a difference. Good bones are needed for a great looking body and it sure looks like you're assuring that.

Zap-
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

A long time ago a fellow told me (as I was learning body and paint) any monkey can throw paint on a car, the art is under the paint!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II