News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Karma?????????????

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-12-19 09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

All my drivers are Ford's. But I did go to the dark side Dirt track racing in the 80's and 90's. Hey, I bought my kids a Taurus and Sable.  Mark

Ford Blue blood

All my cars are Fords...except the 36 Chevy, but it does have a Ford heart.  The ol 351C/FMX has been very well recieved by the Ford crowd and hated by the dark side guys.  My daughter just bought a Toyoto 1/2 ton 4 X 4 because the Ranger was discontinued, they looked at a F150 but said it was "too big", go figure.  Told her that they would have tp park down the street when they come to visit, didn't want to ruin my reputation! :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I was really surprised when Ford discontinued the Ranger...would have figured it was still a good seller, but apparently not. One of the best vehicles I ever owned was a '93 Ranger 4x4. I bought it as a demo with 4K miles on it, drove it for 3 years. We traded on a Lincoln Cont, and I got within 2,000 of what I paid for it 3 years earlier. The salesman called to tell us he sold it 1 hour after I left it there. I have to agree with Bill's daughter, in this age of economy, it seems really strange to me the f-150 is the smallest available from Ford.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

ok,  have to add my 2 cents worth,     i have a ranger 2009,  has 26,000 miles on it,  the best milage i've ever got was 19.5 on the HWY,  and that only happened once,    its usually around 17 or so, altho thats pulling a popup camper also,   my one son has a 150 and says he gets the same milage i do,   i myself like the ranger and not the size of the 150,  theres been talk about bringing  back the 100,   i guess time will tell.   by the way,   we're supposed to get 4 to 8" of snow tonite, and the way its coming down,  probly will.      jerry

Mark

I also had a Ranger and the best I ever got was about 18 mpg. It was a 4x4 with a 6. The truck I drive for work is a one ton Sparton service truck (van cut away with a 12 foot box) that gets about 10.5 mpg,  so that's why i had the ranger. Two years ago a tree fell from next door right on top of the Ranger so I patched it up and drove it another year. Then the fuel line rotted out, so I fixed that, then went to fill the gas tank and found out the brake line was rotted too. I replaced the brake line only to find all the brake cylinders where going to be the next to replace. I used the truck as a tool-it's not one of my cars so it had to go. there it not much to choose from as far as a small truck any more, new or used. I try to save on gas with the 4 banger 4x4 (that was built here and gets up 26 mpg) so that I can afford my old cars. I look at my little truck kind of like a winter beater.

Frankenstein57

I had a 89 ranger, 4cyl stick. It was a fun little truck but I didn't fit in it to well. With winter clothes and boots I could barely drive it, no room. When I chatted with Edsel Ford, he said he always wanted to bring back the ranchero, I said do something kind of ranchero/ranger, and make it sporty, you'll sell a bunch of them. When ford dropped the ranger and t-bird, both were on a 10-12 year run with few changes, gee why don't they sell?