News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dash panel

Started by hiball3985, 2013-03-21 12:48

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

Vertical ribs probably easier to align on 3 piece.
I have a clock blockoff that is pot metal.

Ron.

hiball3985

Quote from: SkylinerRon on 2013-03-25 19:48
Vertical ribs probably easier to align on 3 piece.
I have a clock blockoff that is pot metal.

Ron.
That makes sense.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

I have a plastic radio delete that my Dad carved up for a after market radio, chrome doesn't stick well on plastic, looks like crap! painted it with chrome spay paint, looks like crap! Any ideas? I was looking at bidding on that one piece one on EPAY, but it's already up to $71.00 with shipping, and I don't need to committ that kind of money on that at this time.
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Zapato

There are outfits that ''chrome'' plastic. Many parts came from the factories that way. Its really more of a decal like film but looks like the real thing. Someone here should have a link to one or a Hemmings to search in.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

Thanks Zap!
    I'll look at Hemmings and see what I can find. I want to get my new radio first so that I can make any alterations before getting the rechrome.

57chero

RICH MUISE

Also ...look in Hobby shops that sell modeling components. Back a few months ago when the Revell '57 custom kit came out, I was looking at packages of metal film in different finishes. Probably works similar to the way they do gold leafing, and my thoughts  at the time was wondering if it would work on the plastic dash components.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Rich,
   Great idea

Tom S

57 Ford Kustom

Thanks Tom! I will bid on it, Being a part of this web site is like having eyes in the back of my head! :003:
Thanks,

RICH MUISE

Tim....I must have missed something..I didn't realize you were looking for a "normal" radio plate. I've got one you can have..about the same condition as the one on ebay. Let me know if you want it. I'm going out of town tommorrow and friday. The "feg-188942-c" is the same as the ebay one, but mine has pt#10273 on it????? It's pot metal also.

57 Ford Kustom

Rich,
   I would rather put money in your pocket then someone I don't even know! Let me know how much, and we will make a deal.
Thanks,

RICH MUISE

Tim...sorry, I forgot all about this post until I just ran across the panel buried on my desk. PM me you address and I'll get it in the mail to you. No money, I'll cover shiping. After you get it, IF it suits your needs, you can make a small donation to this forum if you wish...thats way everybody wins.

RICH MUISE

Tim..it's in the mail..the man said probably next monday. Hope it's "clean" enough for ya..if not, no sweat.

57 Ford Kustom

Thank you very Much Rich!