News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Recent Purchase '57 Custom Tudor

Started by modifieddriver, 2013-10-23 21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

modifieddriver

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-29 20:19
My guess is what's on your driver's side was on the passenger side, as you suspected. I think you are correct in that they all came with a driver's side visor, passenger side was optional on at least the cheaper models. That should make it a little easier for you.... a driver's side visor should be no problem to find.

I checked, as Rich suggested.

I removed the delete trim from the drivers side and tried it on the pass car side.  Found the hole through the headliner material and it fit perfect once screwed in place.

Car had a headliner installed at some time.  Maybe they did a drivers side visor delete at that time and switched the trim pieces.  Over the years you never know the reason why "stuff" was done to these old cars.  Some are real head scratchers leaving you to wonder, "Why the heck would anyone have done that???  What were they thinking???"  Turn a "Bubba" loose and there's no tellin' what they can brain storm!!

So now I need to find a drivers side sun visor and trim piece.  Like Rich said, that'll be an easier find, coming off any '57 Ford.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

hotroddonnie

A happy ending :001: and I learned that a passenger visor was an option with some 57s...or a no option.