News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk seal question!

Started by hotroddonnie, 2013-11-26 20:30

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Thanks Zap, that's good to know. I'll buy from them just because they are made here. I've noticed almost everything repo is being outsourced by other vendors and it burns me up.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

sprink88

this is good to know, I need a trunk seal, everytime I wash my car, I get remembered.
~Chris

gasman826

Lube new seals so they don't stick to the metal.  Lube helps the seal slide into its proper position.  Service manuals have mentioned lubing seals as part of regular maintenance.  I've used petroleum jelly rather than silicon in shops that one does NOT want silicon.

hotroddonnie

Hmmmm! Wonder what would happen if ....say some Loogan already used silicon? just askin.

SkylinerRon

Carpenters son took over a few years back. It has been said by some of the dealers he is more of a "businessman" and less an enthusiast than his dad who, btw is a great guy.
I gave "dad" a NOS 57 body mount set to repro about 15 yrs ago and when they finally made them  he sent me a set free.
I also heard that they have gotten a lot of blowback on the chinese junk.
Hopefully the products will continue to increase in quality as they are almost the only manufacturer of 57 Ford repro items.

Goodluck,

Ron.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: hotroddonnie on 2013-11-28 18:56
Hmmmm! Wonder what would happen if ....say some Loogan already used silicon? just askin.
Donnie...products with siicon create havoc with repainting....that's the only reason I know of. Pretty hard to avoid siicon nowadays..even detailing mists like Mcguires has it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Oh okay I see, I thought that there was another reason not to use silicon. I know about silicon and paint. I'm not a body guy but I've been a house painter for 33 years. Harley Davidson has strict rules in and around the paint booths, certain deodorant's, and some other things that contain silicon.

hotroddonnie

Skyliner Ron, I'm pretty much finished my car and I'm glad! I'm sick of sorting through crap made in China trying to find the best piece at the parts stores. At some point I'll restore or build another car, hopefully things will be better by then.