News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

FE Hedman headers

Started by 59meteor, 2014-02-18 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

I wouldn't mind seeing a set of these hedman headers and find out what they did differently. I have about 4" or so clearance with car at rest, when you jack the car up there's about 3/4" between the header tube and tie rod with all the suspension hanging down. I built my own crossmember as I didn't want to cut up my original and my collectors go underneath it.

Having all four 2"inch tubes go over top the control arms would be an engineering marvel. I did this with the old y-block and 1 1/2" tubes and it was a tight squeeze.

Fender well headers maybe an option.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

you can move a tube or two on 67-68 Mustang FE headers and they will work.  I have seen a pair done.  The Hedman headers I believe are only 1 3/4 tube.  2" tube headers would never work without putting one or two tube on each side outside the frame rails.   You can look at Bob Lewis car to see how that is done, but those are big tube 429 type headers for 70-71 Torino.  Not sure if that would work for the similarly built big tube FE headers for 68-69 Torinos.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.