News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

4 Wheel Drum Brakes, Self Adjust

Started by Ranch, 2018-08-03 17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2018-08-09 20:39... Just curious,  How many months of the year do you actually get to take a nice car like that for a drive?
Jay, if you want to keep your car clean & dry we are usually looking at 6 months. Well, maybe a bit more with a warm car. Never know what the weather is gonna be.  I've seen snowless Decembers. 6 months usually for my motorcycle riding but yer probably gonna be freezin' yer buns off near the start & end of that time.  Of course it often rains here in Anchorage for most all of September & into October. Quite a bit in August too.  That's what it's been doin' lately & it takes a day or two for my dirt street to dry up enough that it's not muddy.
I might try to take it out in the winter when it's very cold & dry & the main roads are bare asphalt.
Still don't know how or where I'm gonna store the car.  It's nice to have the daily driver in the garage instead of outside covered in snow, the windows all frosted up, & waiting an hour after going outside & plugging in the block heater.
Nothin' like hijackin' a thread.

RICH MUISE

Sweet looking ride......congrats!! I like the wheels also. Nice to see alternatives to the 5 spoke. I like the 5 spoke too, just soooooooooooo many of them on the road.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

I think that I might as well stop complaining.  There is always someone that is worse off than me.   Looks like you just have to drive it when you can.

Ranch, Sorry.  it is not my intention  to invade your thread.  It's just that it is nice to hear from Tom again.  It's like he fell off the earth and disappeared and we are happy that he is back again.   He always has good information too.     

RICH MUISE

ditto, and yep, member's rides would be a good place, also Morning coffee if ya got any good stories to tell not necessarily related to or '57's. The morning coffee thread was going great for quite a while....almost 200k posts!!.....needs reviving.
Sorry for the hijack, Ranch
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe