News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

streetrodder magazine

Started by 57chero, 2020-01-23 22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

I'm with you, I like flipping the pages of a magazine, going back to recheck a sentence that you may have misread and looking at the pictures in full size. I hate looking at them on line and don't.
I also like reading a newspaper....damn, I've turned into my dad.
Oh well, I guess that is a good thing.  :002:

Besides, there's a lot to be said about coffee table books and hot rods....and that's something that my phone can't do.  :deadhorse:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-03-17 05:06
I'm with you, I like flipping the pages of a magazine, going back to recheck a sentence that you may have misread and looking at the pictures in full size. I hate looking at them on line and don't.
I also like reading a newspaper....damn, I've turned into my dad.
Oh well, I guess that is a good thing.  :002:

Besides, there's a lot to be said about coffee table books and hot rods....and that's something that my phone can't do.  :deadhorse:

I refuse to do the on-line mags, newspapers etc. Sitting at the desk reading that on a computer is not long-term comfortable. (looking at pics posted by you and Dave...whole different thing! LOL!!!) I like having a hard copy in hand...be it mags, newspaper or books. I will miss Street Rodder...it was head and shoulders above anything else out there...especially Hot Rod Magazine which is too dis-jointed and too bow-tie for my tastes. So...now...no more magazines.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Hoosier Hurricane

Speaking of magazines, last week while rummaging through my closet, I ran across a brown envelope with "Customs Illustrated #1, July 1958 written by me.  I looked in the envelope and sure enough, Customs Illustrated, Vol. 1, Issue 1, July 1958 was in there.  Universal Publishing and Distributing Corp., Canton Ohio.  Sister publication was Rodding and Restyling.  I carefully leafed through it and read all the articles, 66 pages, 5 1/2" by 8" .  The cover and the center pages are still attached, barely.  I have no idea where and when I got it, I am not a magazine collector.  I'll stop reminiscing now.   John

Ford Blue blood

Happy to say TEN was good for their word.  Got a check for $86 yesterday.  That was for the three year renewal and the rest of the subscription.  Just hate the fact they killed off so many pubs for questionable reasons!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

I haven't been home since I left the Saturday after Thanksgiving...so imagine I probably am getting the balance of my subscription to Street Rodder in Hot Rod magazine...which I never bought because it was so poorly done and is basically nothing but a cheer book for the bow-tie crowd.
I am gonna miss Street Rodder. By far the best mag out there.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker