News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 T bird bumper on 57 pssgr Fords ?

Started by djfordmanjack, 2020-09-20 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

A little too small for me. How about a 58 Edsel wagon rear bumper? The 58 Edsel fronts look good on 57's.

Ron.

CobraJoe

Quote from: 62galxe on 2020-09-23 14:54
Cant find any complete pics but kindig used camaro bumpers.
I watched the episode where they built that car; they did a nice job, and I think they have some extremely talented people working there.  I am just not a fan of really big wheels and everything slammed to the ground, but I know that is the "style" these days. Too me, if he had built that filler panel and roll pan at more of angle towards the front to tuck it under the car, I think it would have looked nice, especially with the thin Camaro bumpers. It just looks to "vertical" to me, almost like a wall.
Just my $0.02

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

I watched that build twice.  Thought it was way over played!  Why swap out a chassis that have one of the best front end geometries ever built?  That front end was used in NASCAR cars of every make for years.  That frame doesn't come any stronger then the 57 - 59 convertible/retractable frame and then all the drama putting a FE into the thing?

Yes, beyond talented!  The front of the car looked out of place with the rest given the stock lines were preserved along with most of the stock trim.  I would have tucked the front bumper (stock style) in under the side of the fender (remove part of the splash pan under the fender) and moved it in closer to the grill.  The rear bumper should have been swapped with a 58 Fairlane that was tucked and moved in closer.

Just MHO......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

want to second you guys. what bothers me the most about the Camaro bumper is, the straightness of that thing. it doesn't even remotely take up the curvy and flowing lines of the 57 tail. it looks just plain stuck on like an afterthought.
I personally like the 57 Custom/wgn/Rnchr rear bumper, but its just the ends that don't wrap around enough- or trather too much. they do not flow into the quarter panels. With 57 Fairlane bumpers, I have thought many times about cutting out the middle 'rib' and making the upper rib appear like a thin accessory overrider (like it was available for the 57 front bumper corners), or something that Mercury had. Maybe I am totally wrong with that idea, like with the Tbird bumper. but I have never seen such a modified 57 Fairlane rear bumper.

Lou

Frame swaps are in most cases about what you can charge the client. Remember, this is the same guy that tells anyone that will listen how ugly their car is and that starting at $250,000 he can fix ugly.