News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 T bird bumper on 57 pssgr Fords ?

Started by djfordmanjack, 2020-09-20 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

seeing this terrific pic by Joe, I wonder if anybody has ever used a 57 Tbird rearend/bumper on a 57 Ford pssgr car ?
it probably would be too narrow, but could be widened with an overrider and quite possibly the Custom tail section is pretty slim to begin with. maybe it fits ? pics?

Quote from: CobraJoe

abe_lugo

Maybe use two bumpers and section it wider?
A photoshop study would help.  I?ll take a look.  This reminds me of the early Custom Falcon sketches by Harry Bradley.  They popped up on the HAMB recently.  It was mostly Mustang parts.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

CobraJoe

Next time I'm at the shop, I'll take some measurements and possibly a side by side shot that could be Photchoped.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

rmk57

I'd say Ford got it right from the get go. The Fairlane just doesn't seem sporty enough to be wearing a t-bird bumper. The Lab might disagree, she seems pretty happy with that mod.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

alvin stadel

I don't have my 57 Bird any more so can't compare, how ever I do know that the axels  interchange. As far as the shop dog, I have a long haired minature dachund that is by my side all the time very good help, except she has a hard time telling the difference between a 1/2 and 9/16 end wrench.

djfordmanjack

Thank you Joe ! Interestingly enough, it doesn't look all that good. It sure looks great on a T bird, making this a very light rearend, even though the 57 Bird has extended panels and those exhaust ports are quite massive looking. I agree that it doesn't quite balance on the Fairlane, because it has taller roll pans/rear panels. That's probably the reason why we have never seen this on a car before.... :003:

Jeff Norwell

CJ......I love your puppy.

I personally think a stock Fairlane bumper is heavy ,clunky and awkward... and a Custom rear bumper looks much better, except they tilt downwards at the ends..... Regardless.. all 57's are beautiful.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

My favorite is a 58 Fairlane bumper, similar shape, just not as tall and "clunky" looking.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 04:18:07 PM »
Joe
    I'll make a deal with you.....
    I'll take the puppy and you can keep the 57 Tbird bumper on the 57 Ford.
    How does that sound?   Jay

CobraJoe

Thank you Jeff and Jay, but if I ever get rid of her, I think my wife would kill me. Also, she is not a puppy she is going to be seven years old.
As far as the bumpers go, I will keep my Pontiac rear bumpers any day of the week over the stock Fairlane bumper

lalessi1

That pic with your dog in it brought back sweet memories of my old dog Beaux. RIP.
Lynn

Lou

The television car custom shows seem to be a case of "The Emperors News Clothes" when it comes to 57 Fords.

CobraJoe

Sorry to hear Lynn, they are part of the family and they are better than people in my book.

62galxe

Cant find any complete pics but kindig used camaro bumpers.