News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

motor oil out of carpet?

Started by 3ontheTree, 2021-01-27 08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: John Palmer on 2021-01-29 13:16
When I was young..................I could still get up off of the creeper.

Maybe it was because in the old days we just dropped the T-10's, and Top Loaders on our stomach's while laying on a creeper.

John
When I was young and bullet proof.....Those were the days!  When building my street rod in 1976 all I had was jack stands and a small floor jack from Sears, no creeper.  The FMX for the car had to go in.  It was up on the stands, I slid under, pulled the FMX toward my chest, slid it up and bench pressed that bad boy up in place.  Today 9" pumpkin requires my big floor jack and an adapter I made to hold the pumpkin while raising it up, FE manifolds get set with a hoist and I sit on the floor and use my legs to lift the tires in place.  Yup, those were the days!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

When I was young I could grab an FE block in one hand and walk across the garage floor with it. Now...I set it on a dolly and roll it across. My 27 year old son can pick up a rear end with the slug still in it and walk across the room with it. A bit of chore but he did it!
I am jealous!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

fdlrc

Try good old mechanics hand cleaner. The lanoline helps in getting the grease out, even in fabric. And then hitting them with car wash wand.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

SkylinerRon

The older I get the more machines I buy to lift, push, drag and jerk.

Ron.

Frankenstein57

Quote from: fdlrc on 2021-02-02 13:35
Try good old mechanics hand cleaner. The lanoline helps in getting the grease out, even in fabric. And then hitting them with car wash wand.
I have used hand cleaner to get stains out of carpet

3ontheTree

I finally got around to attacking the carpet.  Unfortunately I had a lot of extra time on my hands because my son tested positive for Covid (in hindsight, we're pretty sure what my husband, daughter and I thought was allergies a week or two before was really Covid).  Needless to say, all four in my house were on quarantine.  To pass the time one day, we decided to take the 57 out for a cruise.  Bad idea.  She died on us and we had to call a tow truck.  I think it's the first time my husband has EVER not been able to fix a car on the side of the road.  He is pretty sure the MSD knockoff is the culprit.  All I know is he made some expensive purchases from Summit last night.   

I diluted a little Dawn with water and that barely faded it.  Next I tried some Simple Green.  I think that faded it a little more.  Then I used straight Dawn and really scrubbed it with my fingertips.  I didn't want to use a brush or anything and risk fuzzing it up.  You can still see the stain, but you really have to look for it.  I had the mat hanging over a sawhorse drying in the sun and my neighbor who works at a dealership (with a bow tie, but I'll try not to use that against him) gave me a can of Technician's Choice Work Horse (TEC 99410).  He said that is what they use at the dealership and a technician accidentally gets something on carpeting.  A quick Google search of this stuff does not bring up any reviews that I can see, so I'm hesitant to see if it will take the last of the oil out.  I may just spot test it on a corner first.  Stay tuned...