News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

?

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-04-07 10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-04-10 06:51
I know in the past, politics has had a post or two of mine removed, so I'll keep it short.

One of things my dear old dad taught me was: "Remember son, the government can not give you something unless they take it away from someone else first".

Just my $0.02

Got that right!  I have the same slant on that...."The government only gives you part of what they have already taken away from you".

Hope we are not getting toooooooooo political! :<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Lou

I'm not a big fan of Ned Lamont, and given the fact that Trump made matters worse, I think Lamont made the right calls for Connecticut. When Lamont took office in 2017 he added a penny to Connecticut's gasoline tax, all of that money collected from that penny went into a "Rainy day fund". That fund still has some money in it and for that reason there will be no new state taxes because of Covid.
As for myself, I didn't like it but I spent a year in more or less a quarantine, I'm 79 and have COPD, getting Covid would have killed me.
On the up side (I use that term loosely ) I managed to borrow my favorite horse from the stable my wife keeps her horse at and with no one in are local park wife and I  went riding together for the first time in 4 years. I'm glad I did as I lost "Rusty" to old age 2 months later. (He was 34) I got some long over due work done on the house ( I supervised ) Not being able to travel or eat out saved my wife and I some money which helped pay for part of the house repairs.
Yes,as a country we have problems ahead made worse my national leadership that wants to reward what other countries call a crime. It seems that every national election since 1964 has been to chose who will do the least amount of damage.

brushwolf

Could it be that instead of sitting on the computer talking car stuff, a lot of folks are back out actually doing car stuff with the nicer weather?  I have been very busy and seldom see  masks in small town MN or WI now, except gov't offices. Bought 5 cars in a lot to get a 57 hardtop that was included with them.

Have hauled 3 from WI so far, cleaning them up, freeing frozen brakes, cutting out roached headliners, fixing tires, etc.to make them more presentable. Other vehicles are a 52, 70, 72 and 73 and are all Chevy, so not in my area of interest which is mid-50's to mid-60's. Will try to sell those 4 others as projects or part them. Iron prices seem headed up anyways, if no takers.

Already have industrial shelves full of parts, so trying not to take anything else apart and just pass them on as-is to somebody more interested in them than me and recoup some of my investment.
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird

RICH MUISE

Getting too political guys! I'm going to lock this thread. Continue discussion of what everybody's been doing in morning coffee.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe