News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Edsel dash

Started by Zapato, 2011-10-23 20:21

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Bolting in the dash is one thing and getting everything to work is quite another. Have you ever seen how that dial-a-temp thing works with all the cables and servo motors to run the vents and all. you would have to be an engineer to retro fit everything into a 57.  Good luck
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

not worried about most of that stuff.  vents and heater controls can be swapped in from the stock dash. the 4 gauge pods can me modified to house other gauges. No matter how or what works or doesn't its a huge leap in looks from the plain jane look of the stocker. Now if I could just find someone close by that is willing to swap a complete dash for some louver work..................

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

May have found a dash, just found a guy selling a parts wagon, lets see if he'll sell the dash. In trying to maintain marital harmony I will not bring another hulk home.

Zapato

Zapato

Guy responded, he wants $75- for complete dash. Will call him tomorrow hopefully he'll send me some pictures and it is complete. Things are working out with my part searches pretty soon will have everything (well most everything) so I can start the build.

Zapato

Frankenstein57

I know what you mean, I showed the wife lono's wagon today-the look I got :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Ford Blue blood

Still have to show the wife the wagon, she saw it once before and wasn't too keen on it but said it was OK.  That was before I started seriously considering a purchase but I do keep her up to speed on what comes and goes.  Part of my "car" problem has been eliminated by establishing a "car account".  Monies from cars (hot rods and such) goes in and parts and purchases come out of it.  So when something lights my fire I can jump on it.  I do consult before making a purchase.  So far my hobby has paid for itself and she knows where I am most every hour of the day!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

I'll be picking it up tomorrow,life is good................................

Zapato

Frankenstein57

Zap, no lie, you bought lono's wagan? I will be extremely jealous.    bawl bawl bawl  Mark

Zapato

Nope no wagon,though its extremely tempting just bought an Edsel dash.

And brought it home, if I get some time saturday will pull the stocker off and trial fit the Edsel dash. Will keep you all updated.

Mark, the wagon is still up for grabs and you should pursue it. :blob10:

Zapato

57redwhitered

Zap, Is it a 58 or 59 Edsel dash?  Personally like the 58 better, but they are both cool.  Good luck and keep us posted. 

John
1957 Skyliner

Zapato

58 dash, out of a wagon.ranger badging on the glovebox. hopefully will stick it in place sometime this week.

Zapato