News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Edsel dash

Started by Zapato, 2011-10-23 20:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

As much as I like 57 Fords, have always thought with the dash  ford took a cheap approach with limited glitz. threadbare by 5os standards. I have a couple of ideas how I'll be modifying mine. Had a new thought today. Anyone ever see an Edsel dash in a 57? Lots flashier and still FOMOCO.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Lou

The small Edsel (58) is a  57 Ford.

57redwhitered

Saw a 58 Edsel dash in a 57 Ranchero at the KKOA show in Salina, Kansas this year.  He also had a 58 Edsel front clip and Edsel station wagon tail lites.  Looked very good.  The car was from someplace in Oklahoma.  John
1957 Skyliner

RICH MUISE

Zap..Funny how different people think different..I always thought the Ford dash was too glitzy for my tastes....Any pics of that Edsel dash?
At one time early in my planning stages, I had considered trying to modify a Lincoln Mark Viii dash based on an awesome 50ish Merc convertible I saw where a guy installed a complete Mark Viii interior.
Lou..I'm curious..did edsel make  small and larger models as Ford did with the Custom/Fairlane?
Redwhitered..welcome..Nice to see a post from Kansas...the border is not too far from where I live. LOL.. Seems to be the forgotten state in this area considering how close it is..everybody around here does stuff in Colo., NM, or Ok...never hear of anyone headin' to Kansas. Keep me posted on GOOD upcomong shows and swapmeets up there if you would.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2011-10-24 08:30
.never hear of anyone headin' to Kansas.

Rich, surely you remember Dorothy....................

Zapato

cool57

Quote from: Zapato on 2011-10-24 11:33

Two Edsel lines in 1958; one based on Mercury platform and one on Ford 118" platform.

Zapato

so are they different dashes ?
Zapato

cool57

Quote from: Zapato on 2011-10-24 12:25
so are they different dashes ?

I don't know about that. It is possible because I believe Mercury based car was probably a little wider.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Zapato on 2011-10-24 11:33

Of course I remember Dorothy..she was the one that left the letter..."Auntie Em..I've had it..I'm leaving...screw you, screw Kansas, Took the dog"
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

The Ranger series dash will bolt into the 57/58 Ford.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

There is a 58 Edsel wagon in a junkyard in TN, and it looks like it would fit...Good luck with it, and post up some photos when you find one to size up....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

from what I've found on Edsel sites, unless restored. they're reasonably priced. Now to find a complete unaltered dash at a reasonable price may be another thing. I'll put out feelers and search swap meets.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Lou

I did some research, all Edsel dashboards 58 & 59 are the same width as a 57 Ford.

Zapato

Quote from: Lou on 2011-10-26 18:21
I did some research, all Edsel dashboards 58 & 59 are the same width as a 57 Ford.

Totally perfect, just curious where did you find that info.

Zapato

Lou

As part of my appraisal business I have a set of crash books covering 1946 to 1984 plus I have several FoMoCo body dimension books for use with a "Kansas Jack" and a "Port-a-power".